OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is super disappointing. I have a EXT170 on order and am now worried about this. IM is VERY clear that when you order the tank... that's it. No cancelations, no take-backs so I'm stuck rolling the dice.

I've been following your thread here and I think on the IM Group on FB. I never understood why the vinyl was on the sides like that anyway. Sorry this has happened to you. Be persistent - perhaps they'll come through.

This is a very poor reflection on Innovative Marine quality and completely unacceptable, but at the end of the day, don't let this ruin your absolutely stunning and impeccable build.

(1st post - lol - my wife is the active one on these forums)
Thank you. I have come to final solution that this EXT200 will be my last purchase from Innovation Marines.
If you followed me on FB, i have been working on this tank probably 7-8 months. I pay attention to detail; this is hurting me bad. lol

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe so, but if you carefully look at the logo. There is "crack lines" alike from bad laser etching. They decided to move forward and place them into EXT because the black vinyl will covered up. Thats the fact that ticked me off.
I noticed that but didnt really realize it was the Laser. Sadly you'll never know if it is IM corporate policy or more likely (to me at least) very possibly an employee that screwed up and didn't want the supervisor to know. I'm now curious the amount of people that peel the vinyl? It's strange as had you not had that idea, you would have never known. I'm shocked they didn't at least offer some sort of credit as an option. Would certainly have cost them far less than making and shipping a whole new tank. Sorry to see this my friend... I hope you find some resolution that makes you satisfied. That's a really nice setup and I also am waiting on a Geo Sump to arrive... Good luck!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Upside down logo and crack lines alike from bad laser etching on top of my control panel. Its very visible.
wow i did not notice the bad laser etching until you pointed it out. lame sauce.

Thank you. I have come to final solution that this EXT200 will be my last purchase from Innovation Marines.
If you followed me on FB, i have been working on this tank probably 7-8 months. I pay attention to detail; this is hurting me bad. lol
yeah you pay attention to details. some of that could rub off on me. haha

from a biz point I would say they do this to same on money. reuse the pice of glass with the bad laser job and just cover it up and hope ppl will not notice. this sucks BIG time. we pay for quality work wait 3-4 months we should not get 2nd class craftsmanship.

I plan on taking off the vinyl on my 200 ext pen. hope mine is not the same.

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update from IM:
Omar told me that term of non-negotiable. If anybody owned an EXT200, Youtuber: Shallow Reefing is pretty familiar correct?
Please check out his first video:

scroll around 7:00
He did talk about the blemish on panel, and IM issued him a store credits. I guess they treated me differently when i exposed their uglies behind those black vinyl.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update from IM:
Omar told me that term of non-negotiable. If anybody owned an EXT200, Youtuber: Shallow Reefing is pretty familiar correct?
Please check out his first video:

scroll around 7:00
He did talk about the blemish on panel, and IM issued him a store credits. I guess they treated me differently when i exposed their uglies behind those black vinyl.

crazy! now I am less excited for my tank. :(
still have no idea why they add the vinyl to the side of these tanks. seems like extra effort and money. makes perfect since on the smaller AIO but the big boys not at all in my mind.

takoarm8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at IM today they offered to give you a new tank and you are refusing it? You can’t rewrite their policy.

your not getting what you want.

They are being reasonable with you. When you act like a jerk.

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at IM today they offered to give you a new tank and you are refusing it? You can’t rewrite their policy.

your not getting what you want.

They are being reasonable with you. When you act like a jerk.
Replacing would cost me $1000 to remove/move back tank, 700 lbs of disposal glass, as well as 4-6 months wait.

Why would i spend more money and time for somebody mistake?
i simply just want credit stores to skip all the hassle. If you check the my previous comment about Shallow Reefing, IM did rewrited the policy. So, i'm trying to be reasonable and saving money of both party.

If IM never messed up in the beginning, there would never a drama like this.

Edit:
I never said IM isnt replacing the new tank. But it clearly doesnt work out that way.

takoarm8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want them to pay you over 1000$ to keep the tank. Your fishing for money.you don’t get to act like a jerk and then want them to be nice to you.

as a business owner myself given the tone you have taken I would have told you to bleep off. Lol

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want them to pay you over 1000$ to keep the tank. Your fishing for money.you don’t get to act like a jerk and then want them to be nice to you.
Please provided proof on this statement.

I asked IM if they are willing to pay $1000 labor to move the tank for replacement tank. I have never ask IM for $1000 in damage.
Look like you are judging from only one side of story.
Screenshot_20230208_171134.jpg

At this point, i don't want nothing from IM anymore. As nothing will work out.

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paying 1000$ to move a tank over a logo isn’t reasonable. They gave you an option to swap the tank out. They are doing what a company should.

I understand your point, but my point is the company messed up; replacing the tank isnt worth over bad logo.

Why not just giving out store credit and be it? (please don't mention about policy, as Shallow Reefing got his store credit over blemish glass.)

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it’s just fair value for what’s wrong with the tank
It's all good. I clearly do not want "YOU" to rewrite the policy anyway. The drama is stop here and i do not want to work with IM anymore.
Thanks for your time.

nkkm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
crazy! now I am less excited for my tank. :(
still have no idea why they add the vinyl to the side of these tanks. seems like extra effort and money. makes perfect since on the smaller AIO but the big boys not at all in my mind.
They told me it’s because their INT is a coast to coast style so the black vinyl covers the gap showing the inside of the overflow on the side of the tank. See photo

Guessing they just use the same vinyl piece on both to avoid having different sizes?

I planned on removing those pieces also and they said it was fine. Hopefully isn’t the same problem as what’s show here.

Attachments

• 6D8E5357-2446-4DBF-AE2B-33CBA47B35B2.png
    6D8E5357-2446-4DBF-AE2B-33CBA47B35B2.png
    749.8 KB · Views: 32

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They told me it’s because their INT is a coast to coast style so the black vinyl covers the gap showing the inside of the overflow on the side of the tank. See photo

Guessing they just use the same vinyl piece on both to avoid having different sizes?

I planned on removing those pieces also and they said it was fine. Hopefully isn’t the same problem as what’s show here.
I can't imagine it being a common problem. I think this is the first I've read about it.

I do think that while the panel issue sucks, IM's offer to replace the tank is fair and reasonable.

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine it being a common problem. I think this is the first I've read about it.

I do think that while the panel issue sucks, IM's offer to replace the tank is fair and reasonable.

If the tank was sit on the pallet: Yes
If the tank was setup and running: No

Anyway guys, lets move on. I'm done talking about this issue with IM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back