Volt meter module idea?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence

Has Neptune ever thought of creating a module the will measure volts in a tank the way a multimeter will? I got thinking the other night about a sure safety such as the ALD for water but what about us? I’m sure on more than one occasion someone has put their hands in the sump or display and not had a grounding probe and got a zap. Even with a grounding probe and not knowing you have failing equipment. Some module and probe that will display on Fusion letting us know that our equipment is not leaking voltage and is safe to work in the water.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would need a probe that test for current / milli-amps not voltage. I have seen stray voltage of 48 volts in a tank that did not have any current and did not produce a shock. And I have seen a tank with only 2 volts that produced a severe shock.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that’s what I’m talking about. Something that would let us know it’s safe to put our hands in the water. Something the will give an indication that there is a problem piece of equipment. How often do people put a multimeter in the tank before servicing it, maybe .001%. I know I don’t. If a spike on a graph is detected it would give us a chance to start unplugging equipment to find the problem before we get our hands wet. Countless times I’ve read about heaters and pumps going bad, shocking unsuspecting people and causing issues with livestock.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe Apex places a CT on the line side of its power strip so you can see how many amps your equipment is drawing? If they would also place a CT on the grounded conductor you could check the amperage on the ungrounded conductor and then the grounded. If they are not equal then you would know you have a problem. But that option would only work if you had a grounding probe installed.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back