Vortech pumps

Have you had problems with your vortech?

• YES

Votes: 28 37.3%
  • NO

Votes: 47 62.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CaneinBatonRouge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems quite a few of our Louisiana reef members have experienced some minor problems with the Vortech pumps. I'm curious as to how wide spread this is and this site offers a larger cross-section of the reefing community.

rng_pw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had nothing but bad experiences with mine. I have a friend who recently bought 5 of them and in a period of 2 months he has had to fix something on at least 4 of them. If your considering new pumps I would recomend going with tunzies

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 mp10 1 mp20 love love them, not a single issue. Had them since August I think, just took them apart and cleaned them last night. Super easy!

CookieJar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had 2 MP40w for ~3 years. I've sent them back a few times for some circuit board problems. I've also have problems with the bearings, which is in part due to my lack of cleaning. The customer support has been great though and I'm still happy with them.

rng_pw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well to be fair My tank is 3/4 inch thick so that was kinda pushing it for the vortecs

Tanked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mp40 and I have had a couple minor issues.the wet side fell before so I tied a piece of fishing line And it has never come off since.Love the pump despite minor issues.

IntDboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also had a minor problem with my Mp40...The wetside kept falling off...But they sent me a new screw and it seemed to fix the problem...Fingers Crossed..

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one but never got to use it due to some problems with the seller. Needless to say I had to order a few items to get it running and can say the customer service is top notch. Eric is the man.

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've had my two since before the wireless drivers came out. i upgraded them to the wireless driver and newer version of the wet side about a year ago.

there is definitely a learning curve and much patience involved when first setting them up, but once you get past that i really like them.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2 MP10's since May and I haven't had a single problem out of them. Love em.

shaggy420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the only problem i have had is a snail crawled into the wetside and jammed the prop. they are supposed to have an automatic shutoff if the prop gets jammed but it didnt work. the pump kept trying to spin, breaking the prop off the magnet and warping it. other than that they have worked great.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back