Vortech vs Yellow Tang

MikeB

R2R Web Admin & Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I will give you one guess who won!!!!

The Vortech

I was working on my Dirtbike Saturday in the garage, came inside and looked at the 120, the Yellow Tang got a little to close to the Vortech. He was stuck and I was to late. He was already dead :(

RIP

OP
OP
MikeB

MikeB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear that. What kind of bike do you have?

2000 yz250

It's older but she runs like a champ. Would not trade it in for nothing. Just put a new FMF Turbine Core 2 Silencer on it Saturday.

I

inactive

View Badges
Sorry about your loss man, be optimistic! At least it wasn't a Chevron!

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tangs eat off my vortechs all the time. They are on full blast. I'd wager the tang was ill to begin with. Sorry for the loss.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pics or it didnt happen..:)

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tangs eat off my vortechs all the time. They are on full blast. I'd wager the tang was ill to begin with. Sorry for the loss.
+1 - I'm not challenging your account of the story or anything. I just know that none of my fish (lots of wrasses, tang, hawkfish, etc.) have ever gotten caught in my vortechs and they run full blast. The matted filefish even swims laps around the wet side and doesn't ever get caught! Hopefully it was just a freak accident.

OP
OP
MikeB

MikeB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were fed the night before this incident an he was his normal self.

OP
OP
MikeB

MikeB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics or it didnt happen..:)

I did not get any pictures since I bolted to the tank to remove him hoping for the best. But when he sank to the bottom like a feather falling through the air, i knew he was a goner...

tbaquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish can't have accidents? Perfectly healthy humans do stupid thinks all the time that get themselves killed. Survival of the fittest. It's kinda like saying only a sick human would get his/her shirt caught in a wood chipper etc....

Bet the tang was just saying, I can get a little closer, a little closer..... whack ...

I

inactive

View Badges
I would think something happened to the tang, this does not seem normal now that I think about it.

nivram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found my tang the other day in a similar fashion. I had just cleaned my vortech mp40 and set it to reef crest. Prior to that I was using the purple mode and it was full of algae.

The tang appeared perfectly healthy the morning prior. And I have seen it eat algae off the wet side when it's at a slow rpm. Regardless I did not see it happen. But I wouldn't be surprised. Tangs have lots of surface area to get sucked into the pump if they got too close.

shakenbake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had 2 blond naso's 4+ inches get stuck to my koralia 4's.The first was there for no more than 5 minuts and i pulled him e was off and he was fine until about a week later when i noticed he wasn't as active swimming.Two days later he was dead.the second was there all day for all i know. when i pulled him off him off he was still alive but his skin was all loose and his side was caved in.he hung around for another week or so.needless to say i'm done with naso tangs.too bad though because they're cool fish. my first one was like a pet . he would rub all over your hand and get exited when you put your hand in the tank.like petting your dog

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back