[Vote Please] Do you like the new marketplace ideas?

Do you want R2R so heavily involved in your sales?

• Yes

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 55 76.4%

• Total voters

DudeBruh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not enough info was given from the jump, biggest thing being both new and old marketplaces will exist. Asking how much tax you’ll be okay with , without giving the rest of the story ,in hindsight ,maybe a recipe for chaos

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t see a single “local pickup” going through this system . All will be detoured to fb market and CL. ALL. If they put any noticealbe tax on shipped goods people will probably migrate to the next forum. End of the day not anyone’s say but thiers, your decision will be where to sell elsewhere. Then comes that giant grey area..... will every post of hey I seen this good deal on CL it FB be deleted. Will you promoting your own fb sale get you banned if it doesn’t go though R2R ... all the other things that have followed every site that has done something Similiar... well see

It's like you read my mind. I am 100% confident this is how it would play out. End result: less users on R2R

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not enough info was given from the jump, biggest thing being both new and old marketplaces will exist. Asking how much tax you’ll be okay with , without giving the rest of the story ,in hindsight ,maybe a recipe for chaos

Wait you'll still be able to buy and sell without using it and them taking a cut? If that's true I see zero issue. They should have led with that lol

DudeBruh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait you'll still be able to buy and sell without using it and them taking a cut? If that's true I see zero issue. They should have led with that lol

Here’s revhtree quote , read number 3. It’s from the original thread that Started the uprising. Definetly should of led with these facts before asking what was a fair fee lol.

Hey gang! Wow I missed some posts! Been super busy the past two days and didn't even realize I had more post in this thread. Like busy where I wasn't even surfing the forum busy. Anyway I got a text tonight and that's why I'm here. Sorry to leave you hanging. It's late on the East coast and I don't have time to address all your concerns tonight. Just let me start with this.

1. Thank you for your insight. Honestly if people hate this idea then I sure don't want to continue with it. That being said it's not dead yet which brings me to number two.

2. Maybe we have NO FEES for selling items. We never were going to have a fee for buying. That was never on the radar never heard of anything like that. I just want to streamline buying and selling to attract more people to the forum.

3. We were NOT ever going to do away with our market forum and the way you buy and sell there. We were going to have the option for you to use the new market or sell on the forum like you have always done.

4. It was NEVER about making money. I've been thinking about this market for several years. You want to know why I have even considered it? Of course you do. It's because I want to keep Reef2Reef viable in the upcoming years and adding a market built with hobbyists in mind would really help keep us growing we believe. The fees were going to start helping pay back the cost but I would do whatever it takes to keep our community growing. Yes it would be an investment for me because yes this forum is a business. It's my full time job along with being a pastor in which I work for zero pay. :)

5. R2R is a calling for me. The countless people, relationships, lives that we have been able to touch in and OUT of reefing is immeasurable. Not to mention what we have been able to do as a community for tragic situations, people in need and building an orphanage oversees. YEP we don't announce all the stuff like that because we don't believe in boasting about stuff like that. But I thought you might like to know in this situation to help answer more questions. You help build it.

I'll try and answer more questions in the next few days. We didn't add details to most of the market points because we're trying to guard those details a little from outside sources. I'm not trying to get my hands in the pockets of your sales.

Thanks for the comments and concerns. I take nothing lightly when it comes to this community and each and every post is read, will be read and considered.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted no, but really there should be a “it doesn’t matter to me” option.

It’s really too early to speculate on it.

Perhaps it would also be good to make a thread and vote saying “do you want R2R to protect its members who buy off the site”.

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea of some protection, but I get that by refusing to deal with someone who won't use PayPal. In the end it seems this is going to increase the price of everything sold on the the system, which doesn't encourage expanding the hobby in my opinion. That said I feel I am a guest here, and the site administration can do as they please, and it's not really up to me.

pga7602

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted no, but really there should be a “it doesn’t matter to me” option.

It’s really too early to speculate on it.

Perhaps it would also be good to make a thread and vote saying “do you want R2R to protect its members who buy off the site”.

That's easy... It doesn't matter means you don't vote.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's easy... It doesn't matter means you don't vote.
I wouldn’t say that exactly as you don’t know if a member didn’t read the thread or they are neutral about the idea. Let’s say 100 people hate it, 50 love it and 1,000 say it doesn’t matter to them. On that basis the vast majority are neutral- keeping in mind it’s a question about reef2reef from a sellers perspective. That amount of neutral sellers would indicate if buyers see value then the system should be adopted.

If people just don’t vote because there is no option of neutral then you see only the 100 no and 50 yes which would lend one to think twice the sellers do not want the site involved. So imo that 3rd option could be quite valuable.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets not get our panties in a wad. When something is free people never complain, but when they have to start paying , no matter how little, they complain. You can't get something for nothing, never have and never will. I see what both sides of the discussion are talking about and have no problem with peoples opinion on either side of the discussion, its what makes this country great. I haven't fully read the other thread as I have this one but feel that @revhtree is simply asking an honest question, what is it worth. It you feel it should be 0 then post 0. If you feel a certain percentage is acceptable then post it, but lets not complain about it on another thread.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back