Voting for a new Board of Directors

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There seems to be support for moving forward with the club. We got some big decisions and work to be done to make this successful. I'd like to use this thread to see who's interested in joining the board of directors. The club is set up to run with a president, vice president, treasurer and secretary. If we can fill the hose I think we'll be in good shape. As we move forward I would like to see representation from every chapter on the Board. There are descriptions for the jobs responsibilities in the bylaws, however, I think the board will be collaborative in those descriptions may not be strictly adhered to. The club is a nonprofit and if we are going to change things up here it would be helpful to have somebody with some knowledge in that area, possibly for amending the bylaws or accounting. Please consider a Board position and help create a strong foundation for the clubs future. Let's open this post up for nominations. If you're interested you don't have to wait to be nominated just say so. Let's let nominations run till February 5th 2022. Hopefully that will be enough time to allow people to see this and consider joining. We will vote right after and get a new board in place as soon as possible so we can get the ground running

Last edited:

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you mind posting the roles and responsibilities for each? Could be helpful to get this moving and have folks show interest.

EDIT:

NVM, I see you posted it here:

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you mind posting the roles and responsibilities for each? Could be helpful to get this moving and have folks show interest.

EDIT:

NVM, I see you posted it here:
I tried unfortunately I grabbed too much info when I cut and pasted. Now I can't edit it out or personally delete the post. Once R2R deletes it I will repost.

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will start it off. Now that I believe there is interest and support for a new format I would like to run for president to help guide us in that direction.

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kurt: Thank you so much for doing this. I wish I could be more involved but life is just way too busy to commit to anything right now.

I hope we can develop an atmosphere where members do more coral trading too and giving new Reefers free corals and gear to get started. I will always remember your hospitality to me when I restarted (after 20 years) my Reef tank.

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kurt: Thank you so much for doing this. I wish I could be more involved but life is just way too busy to commit to anything right now.

I hope we can develop an atmosphere where members do more coral trading too and giving new Reefers free corals and gear to get started. I will always remember your hospitality to me when I restarted (after 20 years) my Reef tank.
Thanks John. Me too. I remember being stoked when I got my first coral. Back when I joined the club there was always a trade thread before meetings would happen, which was great for a new reefer. One of the things that sticks out to me was ,way back when how excited @JerSaint was when he attended his first meeting. If we can just get a little bit of that from new reefers it will be great for all of us.

Ti64reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great to see you are willing to step up Kurt! Hopefully u can do a better job than me

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rich Thanks and thank you to you and all the guys on the board. I appreciate everybody on the Board who stepped up and volunteered to try to get this things going. The guys worked hard to make it happen. Hopefully by going to a chapter format members will be able to have a better opportunity to get to meetings which are nearby. Having 8 chapters in the state will immensely reduce the workload for the board while giving more content to the club. If each chapter does just one event thats 8 months taken care of. Hopefully it makes the club more collaborative it easier for members to get involved and enjoy.

Last edited:

A.Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm late to this thread, was there anyone interested in being on the board besides Kurt? He can't do it alone.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back