walt disney acro sent with a heater pack to Fl ?!!!!

salt creap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i ordered an acro (wd) from marine farmers it showed up with a heater pack 93 degrees!‍♂️♂️
sooo of course its bleached but stil has some polyp action.. what do you stick guys think?

383789B0-AB95-4640-B04B-860B60EEC63E.jpeg

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine Farmers is in New York. It's mid-December. It was 30 degrees last night. Of course they sent it with a heat pack.

If you're going to buy corals online this time of year, you really need to buy from places with similar climates. There are like 9 million coral vendors in Florida.

That being said, I'd let them know it showed up in 90 degree water and get it in a tank. It doesn't look great, but it doesn't look terrible.

OP
OP
salt creap

salt creap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine Farmers is in New York. It's mid-December. It was 30 degrees last night. Of course they sent it with a heat pack.

If you're going to buy corals online this time of year, you really need to buy from places with similar climates. There are like 9 million coral vendors in Florida.

That being said, I'd let them know it showed up in 90 degree water and get it in a tank. It doesn't look great, but it doesn't look terrible.
dang black friday sales i should have thought of the temp diff -i feel dumb, and that totally makes sense, iv always been a lfs guy and hindsight is now 20/20

OP
OP
salt creap

salt creap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-update. so i slowly acclimated , temp, water , (which i usually plop them in ) then i put it in a 100 par spot, i have polyp extension and none of the flesh melted off sooo the coral dr is in! im going to try and save it, and bring it back to full living color. i emailed marine farm , pablo the owner is as cool as everyone says and told me if it croaks he’ll send a new one no charge, and usually gota eat shipping aand we will wait for a warmish” newyork day lol soo maybe june ? thats how my wisconsin life was… anyway since hes being cool il do my best to save it even tho it has zero color :(

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-update. so i slowly acclimated , temp, water , (which i usually plop them in ) then i put it in a 100 par spot, i have polyp extension and none of the flesh melted off sooo the coral dr is in! im going to try and save it, and bring it back to full living color. i emailed marine farm , pablo the owner is as cool as everyone says and told me if it croaks he’ll send a new one no charge, and usually gota eat shipping aand we will wait for a warmish” newyork day lol soo maybe june ? thats how my wisconsin life was… anyway since hes being cool il do my best to save it even tho it has zero color :(
By April it is usually safe in the northeast...by June you would need a cold pack.

OP
OP
salt creap

salt creap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a large frag! How much dinero$?

It will probably bounce back :)
black friday 170 with shipping (had to get it, then told wife, shes lil salty, but its my christmas present to me and she got a couch) here is its sister stick same colors i hope to see again-haven’t seen a wd like this before

0857930B-4A3E-4085-A484-DEE3C1B21C19.png

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
black friday 170 with shipping (had to get it, then told wife, shes lil salty, but its my christmas present to me and she got a couch) here is its sister stick same colors i hope to see again-haven’t seen a wd like this before

0857930B-4A3E-4085-A484-DEE3C1B21C19.png
every time I see a photo like this, I just hope whoever buys it know the coral will NOT look like that in their tank...

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This right here.

OP
OP
salt creap

salt creap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That photo looks like one of the most manipulated yet. I'd complain that I didn't get the blue frag plug.
that pic might have been what bleached it lol totally kidding-i know they got the blues jacked and its like 5inches away and mayb mr.photoshop came to the party but im optimistic on getting it to look half as good and id be happy

image.jpg

mwil79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My WD has been one of the most forgiving acros honestly. I've lost a few other random sps (monti's, birdsnest, along with a few acropora) while the WD just held strong and kept on thriving during a tank move. I think you should be ok as long as there isn't too much more stress on it.

OP
OP
salt creap

salt creap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My WD has been one of the most forgiving acros honestly. I've lost a few other random sps (monti's, birdsnest, along with a few acropora) while the WD just held strong and kept on thriving during a tank move. I think you should be ok as long as there isn't too much more stress on it.
cool-i hope, i figured if it doesn’t melt after two days while i light acclimate, i shud be good

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back