Walt Disney Tenuis Grow-Out Thread

ajcanale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally grown out under T5 with Reefbrite LED. Moved it to frag tank under radion g2 pro and the pink has intensified. Captured under RB and actinic mode only.
Note: no filters used, only auto white balance adjustment

Macro through portal:
IMG_0796.JPG

Hard to capture through 1" of acrylic
IMG_0790.JPG

Last edited:

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I received a colorful and encrusted frag vs a green one will it stay that way or will it also color down to green and then get colorful?

AwildcatsZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the success of growing these under LED only? I run AI Hydra 26HD and have been pondering getting a WD. I have been growing other "cheaper" acros successfully but never seem to see anyone grow these under LED. Thoughts?

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the growth looks strange, extra space between base and edge and whitish new growth but color on the edge. So I was just asking if it looks like normal WD.

It's also funny that all I see is green and the camera picks up the "color"

Ibn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the success of growing these under LED only? I run AI Hydra 26HD and have been pondering getting a WD. I have been growing other "cheaper" acros successfully but never seem to see anyone grow these under LED. Thoughts?

Mine is currently under LED only. Same company that makes your light, but even older (AI Vega Color). It's getting 480 PAR where it's sitting.

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the growth looks strange, extra space between base and edge and whitish new growth but color on the edge. So I was just asking if it looks like normal WD.

It's also funny that all I see is green and the camera picks up the "color"
You'll see that most tenuis look like that when they lay down a base. I would say that's spot on.

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a mixed Reef for 6 years and salt tanks for 15, this is my first "fancy" named sps. I have max par of 400 so we will see how this turns out! Can't wait

ajcanale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It has definitely been done, but with mixed results in terms of color. I saw a post recently of one grown out under radion g4 (pros i think) and it looked outstanding. I think its crucial to have the actinic/uv/purple specrums to help pull out the pinks. It really seems to thrive under high par too. I grew mine out under T5, and moved it under radion g2 pros and it seems to have developed even more pink.

AwildcatsZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has definitely been done, but with mixed results in terms of color. I saw a post recently of one grown out under radion g4 (pros i think) and it looked outstanding. I think its crucial to have the actinic/uv/purple specrums to help pull out the pinks. It really seems to thrive under high par too. I grew mine out under T5, and moved it under radion g2 pros and it seems to have developed even more pink.

It would be placed at the very top of my rock work where it would also receive plenty of flow. The colors were of my main concern. I've seen some beautiful frags turn not so nice and then I've also had some not so nice frags turn into beauties! Hearing you've seen more pinks with the LED lighting sounds promising.

Out of curiosity, how low of PAR has the WD been successful? I also have a space in the mid range of my tank I considered placing.

ajcanale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be placed at the very top of my rock work where it would also receive plenty of flow. The colors were of my main concern. I've seen some beautiful frags turn not so nice and then I've also had some not so nice frags turn into beauties! Hearing you've seen more pinks with the LED lighting sounds promising.

Out of curiosity, how low of PAR has the WD been successful? I also have a space in the mid range of my tank I considered placing.

I'd like to reiterate that I am not speaking for LED in general rather fixtures with UV/purple spectrum's, specifically Radion Pro's.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back