Wanna design my tank with more corals, but I need help and suggestions on what to put and where to put it!

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These two
724A3BD6-A247-49C9-A5F4-9F43D6C673ED.png

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The noticable difference is the skeletal structure, you know what a branching hammer looks like here's a wall. Basically, the heads all stay connected as it grows almost like before the branching variety splits off. Their a bit more challenging to frag and if one head gets sick you have to act quickly so the entire coral isnt effected. Otherwise care Is the same.

IMG_20200806_211039.jpg IMG_20200806_211049.jpg
Gotcha almost like a frogspawn, heads all connected to one base

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one on the left is a blasto and the one on the right is the Agent Orange enchinata
Man, I really wanna show you a spot behind a tube coral that would fit a clam or something not aggressive PERFECTLY, I just like the way my tube coral hangs like that, but I can easily place a coral on the shelf behind it over hanging the other side

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I really wanna show you a spot behind a tube coral that would fit a clam or something not aggressive PERFECTLY, I just like the way my tube coral hangs like that, but I can easily place a coral on the shelf behind it over hanging the other side

Yeeeessssssss this tank has so much potential. I’m super excited to see how it all turns out!!

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeeeessssssss this tank has so much potential. I’m super excited to see how it all turns out!!
Definitely set on an acan/blasto garden in the sand bed w maybe a elegance as the bigger piece, then work up to the hammer and frogspawn garden

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely set on an acan/blasto garden in the sand bed w maybe a elegance as the bigger piece, then work up to the hammer and frogspawn garden
I gotta figure out if I wanna ruin some new growth on the gsp and move it to the wall and chisel the duncan off and move it to make the garden perfect! I def want a simularia and a neon toadstool coming out from the rock w the rubber band on it

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta figure out if I wanna ruin some new growth on the gsp and move it to the wall and chisel the duncan off and move it to make the garden perfect! I def want a simularia and a neon toadstool coming out from the rock w the rubber band on it

Sounds great!! Gsp grows like crazy so I wouldn’t really bother about that. Magnetic frag plugs are great for attaching stuff to the back wall without the ‘forever’ of superglue. Duncan sprouts new heads like crazy if you just sprinkle a little fish food on it

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great!! Gsp grows like crazy so I wouldn’t really bother about that. Magnetic frag plugs are great for attaching stuff to the back wall without the ‘forever’ of superglue. Duncan sprouts new heads like crazy if you just sprinkle a little fish food on it
So your saying chiseling the gap off the rocks and put it onto the wall? The coraline algae hasn’t grown much. And the Duncan’s can come off easy

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gsp grows like crazy it’s nbd and many people have gsp on their back wall. Wether you have coralline or not does not matter
Okay cool, I’ll chisel it off when I purchase the hammers and stuff

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will! Currently looking for hammers and acand and scolys!
Aqua SD and WWC are good places to look for things you like. Aqua SD eBay is where you might find some good deals though. I’d say always check lfs and local reefers before online just cause it’s almost always cheaper

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back