I-O Method (GHA)

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol sorry guys I need to sit down on my laptop and write the steps. I just don't wanna phone it.

No I did not replace any of my rocks.

This is not a guessing game either

Not a click bate

Please give me a chance to do a write up.

It's father day weekend, so happy father day all my father's out there!

uis4.gif

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use my battery powered weed wackier in my tank whenever GHA gets too out of hand [emoji23]
I got rid of my hair algae with a walking Vizsla fish. My walking Vizsla fish also takes care of other pests like moles, squirrels, and birds.

20A3390C-DC49-43C0-A8A0-40A82AD7912D.jpeg

D6A66EBC-9387-4EEB-9FC3-8054D87C4FB7.jpeg
very on point

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t even got any green hair algae but wondered about the title and methods used and having read 4 pages I still don’t have the miracle cure!

Patience..............

sghera64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that Tony. Seems to be a reasonable concept and methodology: like a diet and exercise program.

I had a similar but much more localized problem in my DT after adding a large piece of dry rock. Hair and bubble algae covered it and began to slowly spread. I merely added Macro algae section to my sump and in about 6 weeks most of the GHA was gone from display tank. Bubbles took a little longer.

You are hitting it quite aggressively. Need to watch for overshooting- lowers P and N too far and you get other problems.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that Tony. Seems to be a reasonable concept and methodology: like a diet and exercise program.

I had a similar but much more localized problem in my DT after adding a large piece of dry rock. Hair and bubble algae covered it and began to slowly spread. I merely added Macro algae section to my sump and in about 6 weeks most of the GHA was gone from display tank. Bubbles took a little longer.

You are hitting it quite aggressively. Need to watch for overshooting- lowers P and N too far and you get other problems.
If you use natural export methods such as an ATS or refugium with macro algaes, it is nearly impossible to strip too much nutrients from the water. I always recommend using those instead of things like GFO, vodka, etc.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back