Want to add corals but….

astretton4464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gifted my current habitants of my display tank. My cousin wanted to get out of the hobby so I took all he had 40 gallon breeder and habitants to my house. He asked me to take it since he knew I was building a 120 display set up. Got my 120 up and running and moved the habitants over. He had a few corals; frogspawn, zoa, and a polyp colony. The fish are Huma Trigger, Juvenile Koran angel, blue chromis, Fox face, and black ice clown. I have since added only 2 items; Kenya tree and coral beauty dwarf angel. I really want to add more corals, I am okay with soft or LPS/mixed. But concerned about a couple of the fish I have. If I want to add more corals, I assume I need to re-home the trigger and Koran? Any thoughts?

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that tank size will be more of a limitation for the Koran angel and trigger than the possibility that coral might be eaten.

There are many softies that you can cultivate that grow quickly enough (or are noxious enough) that won't suffer from occasional pecking. An isolated colony of xenia, some Grube's gorgonian, and some nepthea colonies would probably all do well in that setting.

OP
OP
astretton4464

astretton4464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that tank size will be more of a limitation for the Koran angel and trigger than the possibility that coral might be eaten.

There are many softies that you can cultivate that grow quickly enough (or are noxious enough) that won't suffer from occasional pecking. An isolated colony of xenia, some Grube's gorgonian, and some nepthea colonies would probably all do well in that setting.
Thank you

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be worried about adding corals to a tank that size with the angels . Anything you add could end up being picked apart

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back