Want to be sure

kweigum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I posted a couple pics the other day thinking I had ich in my tank and was told that it looked more like lymphocytes…. Have a couple more pics and just want to make sure before I just write off ich….
BFB9B59F-F811-4B37-BE90-5B6C59358AFA.jpeg
7DFBF695-CD1B-469B-9288-ECFE391DFC33.jpeg
1D0EAA9C-E700-47D3-A51A-C97A0835B48A.jpeg
AE3B3EB2-B9D7-40E7-8874-D02FF4ECC83D.jpeg
7F782CA5-F09E-4CEE-B773-44D40E290A92.jpeg
Labouti wrasse has a few spots left on his body and fins lingering

white tail are only on the pectoral fins( saw him rub on the rocks twice today)

gramma has a few spots left in the tail

yellow tang is 100% spot free from a few days ago( had a ton of marks)

thanks again

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I cannot see spots on the tang - as compared to your glass. IMHO - if indeed were talking about the first picture it could be either lymphocystis or CI. On the Labouti - to me its not lymphocystis but CI. IF you forced me to make an opinion - I would say not lymphocystis but instead - CI

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wrasse shows ich while tang shows mucus spores associated with ich. Best to treat in a quarantine tank at 80 degrees to alleviate parasite. The best ich treatment is copper-based medication. Rather than treating the main aquarium, move the sick fish to a bare bottomed quarantine or treatment tank as mentioned. This should be aerated and have the same water conditions as the main aquarium.
Mardel Coppersafe from Fritz Aquatics treats both freshwater and saltwater ich, along with other diseases, including Velvet (Oodinium) and other external parasites. However, because it is a copper-based treatment made from chelated copper sulfate. To use Coppersafe, as the solution will remain active in the tank for more than one month.
Cupramine, a copper-based treatment from Seachem, treats not only saltwater ich, but also other ectoparasites in saltwater tanks. An ionic copper medication, rather than chelated copper, it is non-acidic and doesn't damage the biofilter bacteria. To use Cupramine, turn off UV filters and ozone filters, and remove chemical filtration, such as activated carbon. For every 10.5 gallons of water, use 1 mL of treatment, and then wait 48 hours. Repeat the treatment, and leave at this concentration for 14 days. Test the water for copper levels before redosing the tank.

>>>>> WHEN USING ANY COPPER IN WATER - HAVE A RELIABLE TEST KIT TO MONITOR LEVELS. IT'S A MUST <<<

OP
OP
K

kweigum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasse shows ich while tang shows mucus spores associated with ich. Best to treat in a quarantine tank at 80 degrees to alleviate parasite. The best ich treatment is copper-based medication. Rather than treating the main aquarium, move the sick fish to a bare bottomed quarantine or treatment tank as mentioned. This should be aerated and have the same water conditions as the main aquarium.
Mardel Coppersafe from Fritz Aquatics treats both freshwater and saltwater ich, along with other diseases, including Velvet (Oodinium) and other external parasites. However, because it is a copper-based treatment made from chelated copper sulfate. To use Coppersafe, as the solution will remain active in the tank for more than one month.
Cupramine, a copper-based treatment from Seachem, treats not only saltwater ich, but also other ectoparasites in saltwater tanks. An ionic copper medication, rather than chelated copper, it is non-acidic and doesn't damage the biofilter bacteria. To use Cupramine, turn off UV filters and ozone filters, and remove chemical filtration, such as activated carbon. For every 10.5 gallons of water, use 1 mL of treatment, and then wait 48 hours. Repeat the treatment, and leave at this concentration for 14 days. Test the water for copper levels before redosing the tank.

>>>>> WHEN USING ANY COPPER IN WATER - HAVE A RELIABLE TEST KIT TO MONITOR LEVELS. IT'S A MUST <<<
Thanks!!! I set up qt a couple days ago( have ran copper, think I got the ich with a coral addition… So my next question is I have 11 fish

2 Diamond gobies
Yellow tang
White tail tang
2 ocellaris clowns
Lyretail anthia
Royal gramma
Magnificent foxface
Labouti wrasse
Linespot flasher wrasse

I have 2 20 gallon qt tanks that are cycled and ready to go with ceramic media and pvc. Still don’t think that’s enough room for all those fish for 76 days? Foxface is about 5” and whitetail is about 4” yellow tang is only about 3”…. Would like to go fallow to eradicate the crypto, otherwise it’s a waste

OP
OP
K

kweigum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot see spots on the tang - as compared to your glass. IMHO - if indeed were talking about the first picture it could be either lymphocystis or CI. On the Labouti - to me its not lymphocystis but CI. IF you forced me to make an opinion - I would say not lymphocystis but instead - CI
So not what I was hoping to hear. Thank you

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks!!! I set up qt a couple days ago( have ran copper, think I got the ich with a coral addition… So my next question is I have 11 fish

2 Diamond gobies
Yellow tang
White tail tang
2 ocellaris clowns
Lyretail anthia
Royal gramma
Magnificent foxface
Labouti wrasse
Linespot flasher wrasse

I have 2 20 gallon qt tanks that are cycled and ready to go with ceramic media and pvc. Still don’t think that’s enough room for all those fish for 76 days? Foxface is about 5” and whitetail is about 4” yellow tang is only about 3”…. Would like to go fallow to eradicate the crypto, otherwise it’s a waste
Provide additional aeration with airstone and new Fallow period is 45 - 60 days. Keep display at 80.5 deg during fallow and you can safely go with 45 days. At day 30, siphon surfaces to remove any dead cysts/tromonts
On the QT tanks, Monitor the ammonia levels during quarantine

OP
OP
K

kweigum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Provide additional aeration with airstone and new Fallow period is 45 - 60 days. Keep display at 80.5 deg during fallow and you can safely go with 45 days. At day 30, siphon surfaces to remove any dead cysts/tromonts
On the QT tanks, Monitor the ammonia levels during quarantine
Thanks so much for all your time this week. So you think the 2 20 gallon tanks will be sufficient for 45 days provided I stay on top of ammonia? And the 2 sand gobies, will they need sand? Both of the readily eat about anything that floats by them. Saw one up today eating nori with the tangs

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks so much for all your time this week. So you think the 2 20 gallon tanks will be sufficient for 45 days provided I stay on top of ammonia? And the 2 sand gobies, will they need sand? Both of the readily eat about anything that floats by them. Saw one up today eating nori with the tangs
Yes- Maintain water quality-diet and Aeration.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back