Want to frag a few things to sell. Do I put them on frag plugs, discs, rubble, or handmade smooth shapes?

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm going to frag an assortment of zoas relatively soon, but I'm not sure what to put them on. I have a handful of miscellaneous frag plugs that I've removed corals from, I have some 1.25" frag discs, and I have a few bits of rubble or shells. I also have aquarium putty, and I've used that putty in the past to make sort of a smooth, unevenly shaped frag disc that looks a little more natural than a regular disc.

What do people prefer to buy zoas on?

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mostly see them on frag plugs and tiles. I'd personally prefer them on a small frag plug so I could put them in a frag tank and easily set things next to the them for them to spread onto.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on a few things. Plugs are great for keeping them on a frag rack but tbh after that they are an eye sore and most remove the plug anyways. I only use plugs for sps and frags I plan to sell to the store or it needs to grow out a bit. I usually do a mix but I will always prefer disks, rubble or my new favorite, bits of sea glass my mom collects at the beach. Blends in easier and usually mounts easier.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small plugs are probably best if you're selling them. Disks are great for growing them out and rubble is good for placing them in the tank, but I'd let the buyer decide what they want to do.

OP
OP
Tired

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alright, I'll find where I put the frag plugs. I've been saving all the ones I remove corals from. I'll still have a few for sale on rubble and whatnot, as they've already attached and I don't feel there's any need to peel them off a perfectly serviceable chunk of rubble.

Now I just have to figure out pricing.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back