Want to hear a little brackish secret

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guppies in a reef tank? Yes pleas, many people struggle to find a good schooling fish that is peaceful and don’t kill each other. Guppies are a brackish water fish that means that you can have them in freshwater and saltwater. This is awesome because they make a tight school and come in so many colors and patterns, one might even say they’re the zoanthids of the fish world, very colorful an unique.

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick fact, the brackish water world has some awesome reef safe puffers and a peaceful reef safe schooling fish. This thread is friendly and if you have questions just type them down below.

Rural

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything like a neon tetra pattern, those freshie schools look awesome!

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Announcement: From here on out all questions regarding brackish water fish and inverts, will be redirected to Want To know a little brackish secret I will no longer be posting on my other brackish water topic threads. Want to know a little brackish secret will be used as it is the most successful and the most widely know of the bunch, It has informed many people and I myself have made mistakes and learned from them there. That was also my first thread so its been with me on my may as a hobbyist. Thank you and remember, Happy Reefing.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol how long will guppies actually survive in a reef though?

I feel like they'd be top of the food chain for a lot of predators most regular marine fish avoid?

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol how long will guppies actually survive in a reef though?

I feel like they'd be top of the food chain for a lot of predators most regular marine fish avoid?
They can be very intelligent and will know their match. for more information go check out my other thread Want to know a little brackish secret it explains more on them. Happy Reefing

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long you can keep them,are you sure this works on the long run,if yes why we never see guppy in the see??

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Derp. Got them mixed up, Green Spotted. More so the archer fish as I love them but can't/wouldn't setup a pure brackish tank just to have them.
Green spotted puffers van indeed live allTheir adult life in full saltwater, but as babies they require freshwater and gradually transition into full marine.

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can go to my other thread called want to know a little brackish secret, and there you will find information on guppies and mollies. Including the new guppy saltwater acclimation guide.

Crevalle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can go to my other thread called want to know a little brackish secret, and there you will find information on guppies and mollies. Including the new guppy saltwater acclimation guide.
It wasn't full salt but had a healthy population of guppies in a brackish tank with 2 green spotted puffers. The fry would hitch a ride on the guppy grass I would put in from my minipond so the puffers would hunt the snails out of it. The puffers left them alone and the guppies would clean up after the puffers since they are such messy eaters.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back