OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please spread the knowledge of reef guppies and mollies. It would be a great thing to see. These are truly great fish and if anyone has ever seen the large variation of guppies.... and mollies you would know how pretty they are.

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any pictures, love to see some
Take a look

image.jpg

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always been more of an sos kind of guy my first coral was still some zoanthids. This tank was dos dominated about three months ago but that soon became a bit to expensive and I sold most off except for three acto frags but I left family doesn’t know how to dose correctly and they died.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any good links to sites for acclimating guppies?

I have a system that I'm slowly shifting to brackish, probably keep around 1.015 SG. I though of getting some killies or sheepshead minnows, but guppies would work better since the water volume/swimming area is small. I've read that fancy guppies were harder the acclimate than say feeder guppies.

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can explain how to do the acclimation process. You would naturally want to keep them in full freshwater then just slowly raise the salinity of the tank once it reaches a salinity of 1.020 specific gravity, then just drip acclimate them to raise up the last few points. Remember these fish are pretty small and you should be careful with what you put them with, naturally you would want to keep them with peaceful to semi aggressive fish. They will be pretty shy at first but if you do have 4 or more they will become to school. This is great because there aren’t many peaceful schooling fish out there and definitely not ones with beautiful patterns and colors.

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is it how long has it been in the tank?

The three guppies aren’t in the picture because the lights had just come on and they are usually battered by the clown fish, which I should have gotten rid of but because of the whole virus thing I’ve been to scared to go to my lfs to take him back.

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will also explain mollies acclimation their acclimation is pretty fast should only take 1 to 2 hours. Just drip acclimate the. You can find tons of videos on how to do this on YouTube. That is how I learned of the brackish mollies. Guppies though I found out when I took a trip to Mexico and I went to Colima to see my family and they took me to saltwater lagoon with guppies in it then when I got back I then searched up saltwater guppies and I then learned that they originate from the brackish waters of South and Central America.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can explain how to do the acclimation process. You would naturally want to keep them in full freshwater then just slowly raise the salinity of the tank once it reaches a salinity of 1.020 specific gravity, then just drip acclimate them to raise up the last few points. Remember these fish are pretty small and you should be careful with what you put them with, naturally you would want to keep them with peaceful to semi aggressive fish. They will be pretty shy at first but if you do have 4 or more they will become to school. This is great because there aren’t many peaceful schooling fish out there and definitely not ones with beautiful patterns and colors.

How slow for acclimating? A month or two?

Back