OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goodness I have killed most of my live stock off. I added a new wood air diffuser for my protein skimmer, and apparently my family washed it for me with soap! And I only found out now that they told me. I lost my coral beauty anglefish, my half 2nd stripe clown fish, all of my emerald cobra guppies, and my six line wrasse. Only 2 fish survived, my flame guppy, and my bicolor Blenny. Coral wise, they all died. No survivors. Although my anemone is bleaching it’s still alive. Hail the lords. My coral banded shrimp and my anemone crab are still alive. This is very bad and I don’t think I will be able to recover. Since we aren’t allowed to go out to much, I ain’t going to be able to recover efficiently enough. I then also had to put 6 dumbo guppy acclimations on hold! This is devastating, and I am now having to deal with this under regulations and restrictions. #F in the chat

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many mollies would you recommend to help with algae in a 60 gallon tank?
In a 60 gallon tank i recommend at least 5 mollies. This will be a good number to combat the algae, you can have 1 or 2 more than my recommendation but your tank would have to be understocked for more than my recommendation. If you have the money for purchasing these online you should buy mollies of the genus poecilia latipinna, and porcilia sphenops.

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 60 gallon tank i recommend at least 5 mollies. This will be a good number to combat the algae, you can have 1 or 2 more than my recommendation but your tank would have to be understocked for more than my recommendation. If you have the money for purchasing these online you should buy mollies of the genus poecilia latipinna, and porcilia sphenops.
Thanks.

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately my freshwater tank has also hit a block. Apparently a roach with poison on him, jumped into my freshwater aquarium and well............. yeah let’s just say I have no more freshwater tank. It’s sad because I had a lot of fish that had a place in my heart. All my freshwater fish .... gone! My school of 16 neon tetras, my amazon discus, my school of 10 black neon tetras, my community of 6 mollies, my loaches, my 4 female bettas, and my prized golden anglefish.

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During this time is when we should show each other our wonderful tanks so here’s mine. Before the great wipeout.

image.jpg

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your tank troubles that sucks
It really does and normally I would recover from a hard hit like this. Worst part is that I had some dumbo ear guppies at 1.018 salinity specific gravity getting ready to join my tank. And I had ordered some zoanthids that will be here on Thursday and well I’m battling against time right now.

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really does and normally I would recover from a hard hit like this. Worst part is that I had some dumbo ear guppies at 1.018 salinity specific gravity getting ready to join my tank. And I had ordered some zoanthids that will be here on Thursday and well I’m battling against time right now.
Right now I am undergoing operation reefsaver. My tank has aiptasia, hair algae, turf algae, and my yellow tang got into a scrap with my kole tang and now has ich (it was the weakest fish and unlike the others never fully adapted but its been 100 days.) About to dose vibrant so here we go.

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I am undergoing operation reefsaver. My tank has aiptasia, hair algae, turf algae, and my yellow tang got into a scrap with my kole tang and now has ich (it was the weakest fish and unlike the others never fully adapted but its been 100 days.) About to dose vibrant so here we go.
Hope you can turn these failures into successes. Have a wonderful day and if everything gets better please update us cause I really want everyone to succeed.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well because really I just want people to show off their success so that beginners can see that this is possible, also I just really like seeing cool reefs.

No, why acclimate freshwater fish to saltwater. I'm not sure what the point is. I don't find it cool to keep guppies in a reef.

To me that's an equivalent to sticking a rubber scuba steve in a reef tank.

Those too can be acclimated.

1586279605016.png

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, why acclimate freshwater fish to saltwater. I'm not sure what the point is. I don't find it cool to keep guppies in a reef.

To me that's an equivalent to sticking a rubber scuba steve in a reef tank.

Those too can be acclimated.

1586279605016.png
I acclimate guppies because some colors can outcompete saltwater fish and they are really neat. In my opinion I made this thread to see if anyone was interested in doing this as well or to answer brackish water related questions. I didn’t make this to have to explain the benefits to people who don’t care so if your going to be mean the don’t stick around.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back