OP
OP
S

Salty-Noob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently did a whole bottom change out. Went from substrate to live sand and about a 40% water change. I do believe my small hippo tang has ich

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yea, that kind of stuff will surely put em over the edge.

Rockadile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangs are ich magnets. But before you freak out, make sure it isn't just some sand stuck to him.

OP
OP
S

Salty-Noob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1365957396.697415.jpg

I was warned it could happen but it seems to be doing fine eats,swims normal everything...

OP
OP
S

Salty-Noob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I've had it since Friday and it appeared last night after I did some changes to the tank. Look up a couple posts you'll see what I did

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe stuck, my dumb Hippo has gotten it quite a few times and he's also gotten rid of it everytime. Keep em at ease, keep em eating, he will beat it. The only problem I see is that your fish is still a baby. You may try to feed with Garlic X to entice eating, and to help Immune system.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats all you can do, give it some time and just watch em. Nothing else at this point you can do because you have corals, your kinda stuck. Ich Attack is 100% Organic and can help, but its not 100% cure, I've used it before with good results.

Dtech07

SPS LOVER!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For you to truly get iCk out of you tank you'd have to run it a very low salinity for 6-8weeks, remove ALL live stock, remember this is a parasite and the name and most of the common cures don't work because the name and cures came from the fresh water hobby not from marine. The fish(s) that have it it's important that they are eating if they stop its not good. The feeding of foods soak in garlic, Vit C, Amino can support the fish immune system but will not kill the ick in the tank just makes the fish (maybe) a little less stressed and not so prone to the ick.
Since ick is a parasite and has layed eggs its in you sand, rock, EVERYWHERE. I've saved my Tangs by food supplement and a fresh water dip but I did the dip when they first showed signs not when they were as spotted as yours is. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Rockadile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Detech, no. You run the dt fallow of fish for that amount of time. The ich parasite can not survive without a fish to host on. You then treat the fish in a hospital tank. Do not treat the display.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back