• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Wanting to learn about prices of High-End Acropora Frags

OcellarisClown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been in the reef-keeping hobby for about a little over two years now and I don’t typically buy frags online unless something catches my attention or there’s a sale going on.

Ive noticed that some sites sell high-end tenuis frags between the prices of $100-300 per 1” and I’ve come across some frags that were priced at $500+. I’ve seen them get sold all the time so as a reefer with limited spendings I’m always shocked to see the prices at which reefers pay for.
Even on R2R, I’ve seen high-end Acropora frags get sold at high prices at such a swift speed.

Are there reefers who will pay those prices for those frags of that particular species and what warrants the heavy price tag on these beautiful tenuis pieces?

I guess my real question is how are prices on these Acropora frags determined and what are the attributes that differentiate high-end Acroporas vs common acropora species?

I.E. i saw that a frag of a WWC Mojo man was sold for $599-699!
(image below)
DC360E98-03E9-4F06-A09E-372136884776.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 42 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.1%
Back