lets see if anyone knows the answer :D

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ian,
I think the answer is don't sell coral in the first place.

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Olsinc,

Many sell coral but many don't make a business of it. Why not start building your rep by selling frags to others before taking the business jump? This will help you gain the experience of shipping, fragging and the hobby itself before pumping hard earned money into the hobby as a business.

I see people on here and other sites selling frags all the time. I think all you need to do is become a member of the site then sell ur frags.

OP
OP
O

olsinc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Olsinc,

Many sell coral but many don't make a business of it. Why not start building your rep by selling frags to others before taking the business jump? This will help you gain the experience of shipping, fragging and the hobby itself before pumping hard earned money into the hobby as a business.

I see people on here and other sites selling frags all the time. I think all you need to do is become a member of the site then sell ur frags.
Thanks for the advice. I think thats the route I'm going to go with. Like the saying goes, You have to Crawl before you Walk. You have to Walk before you Run.

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
olsinc, if you want someone to practice shipping to I would volunteer. I could even send you some of my stuff in return so I can practice too ;)

This is a good idea though, baby steps as it has been said "Nothing good in this hobby happens fast"...

OP
OP
O

olsinc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
olsinc, if you want someone to practice shipping to I would volunteer. I could even send you some of my stuff in return so I can practice too ;)

This is a good idea though, baby steps as it has been said "Nothing good in this hobby happens fast"...
That sounds like a plan.

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can make a small fortune selling corals you just need to start with a big fortune

if you are starting by selling online- I would get a few friends together and start a site
you can sell all aquaculture corals and have a good assortment of items.
the best part is it dosnt cost much to start up, buyers know their frags will live in captivity and it dosnt deplete natural environments

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thread really isn't appropriate since we have paying sponsors here that have worked hard to build a business over time. Try emailing them or send them a PM for more info. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.1%
Back