Wanting to start dosing all for reef, Couple questions.

JCCook07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently am running a fluval 13.5 6 months old. I use RS Coral Pro salt. I do not have a ton of large corals mainly just LPS/Softie frags.

I noticed my dKH dropped about .5 from a 9 to 8.5 over a course of 2 weeks (between water changes, I typically do a 20% water change every other week), and I've noticed my calcium has dropped from typical 450ppm to 390ppm within 1 week of a water change.

I picked up a bottle of all for reef, I'm wanting to start a dosing plan for this stuff to help my corals grow/thrive.

Current parameters
9 dKH
4 No3
8.2 pH
1440 Mag
390 Cal

Any insight for a newbie that's never dosed anything before?

1642894406159.png

J1a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use the manufacturers dosing amount as a guide only. For the first couple of days, test your KH and Ca, and adjust dosing amount from there.

Secondly, remember to make adjustments down the road as you get more corals, or as your coral grows bigger

Paul31733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning on manual dosing for a bit then probably switching to a single channel pump if it seems to be helping.
I started using it about 2 months ago on my Evo that's been running for 2 years. I like it. I am using a dosing pump.
Basically to start, you use the recommended dose and keep testing every day or two until you get the amount you need correct.
It works well for me so far!

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose All For Reef on my 25 gallon nano tank. My tank consumes around 3.5 mL daily. And I also use Red Sea Coral Pro salt. I have mainly softies and LPS, and a very small number of SPS. Hopefully that helps with knowing about how much you can try dosing to start :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back