WARNING: DO NOT SEND MONEY TO PEOPLE ASKING LIKE THIS....

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Many people have been getting scammed by sending money to scammers reaching out via private message asking you to contact "so in so" via email or text because they have "what you're looking for." It goes something like this.

1. You're looking for an item to buy and post it in the WTB forum.
2. You get a message from someone saying to contact another person because they have what you're looking for.
3. They ask you to pay Paypal friends and family or some other unprotected way.

Please report these messages and DO NOT SEND THEM MONEY in any form especially Paypal friends and family or Venmo etc.

If you have any questions about a legitimate inquiry from a member please let us know and we can help. Thanks.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there anyway to set up the forum such that the same criteria used for the selling forum are used for the PM feature. I.e. unless a member reaches (whatever the rules are), they cannot PM another member (unless they are PM'd by the other member first?)

Canuck007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one of these scams....a guy with handle of "saltedben" told me he had a pump impeller and found me on WTB and told me to email his "friend" at "[email protected]" and we could talk further.

I looked up saltedben and he had been a member for 27 mins. Started to get suspicious and ask more questions and of course he started to respond less and wouldn't answer my questions.

Canuck007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got another offer....this time from "Ericsson3"...to purchase items from another friend....gave me his direct email in the reply..

fulltang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a general note, the "friends and family" PayPal scams are extremely prevalent across many community market places, even really obscure ones on places like Reddit and other niche hobby forums.

EllenTurner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for warning us. I am new here and I don't know much. I will surely keep your info in my mind and now I know if I face any problem, whom should I ask.

busch0422

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also be careful using Cash App…. They will not help in anyway if you get scammed on their platform.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back