Nope, what email?
1DAB1C59-208B-4D36-BDE4-F8D4F1508E8A.gif

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought id lighten the mood a little and wanted take a sec to say thank you all for the inspiration.
Yup. I kinda let the cat out of the bag a little in a different thread. My bad.
But its actually official now.
Theres a nasty little fully developed booger hiding under mamas cap and I've decided to name it in rememberence of this thread.

Your Welcome:D

Covikraine Vibrance Everybody
20220324_201353.jpg

ineption

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No disrespect to anyone, If uwc released a vibrant replacement and people purchased after reading or knowing what vibrant is then I concede and accept that there are truly dumb gullible people out there. Uwc or what ever they rebrand them selfs as is dead to me and I suspect to many others.
Happy reefing

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was giving UWC some benefit of the doubt, assuming they had little to no scientific background and did not understand their product well enough to intentionally deceive their customers, but now like all of you I await their response. Claims that are made by the owner in the video are totally unsupportable.

It's starting to look like they crossed the line from deceptive advertising to criminal fraud. I didn't start following the story until the NMR but it seems like a complaint to the MN AG might be in order.

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I revisited my decision to use Vibrant in my tank. As I said before, I based that decision on a BRSTV study done by Randy at BRS. He basically repeated the mfrs claim that it was bacteria. He even went so far as to run his experiment with and without UV sterilization to see if UV reduced the effectiveness of the treatment. The study showed that UV had a visible negative effect, probably because it killed the bacteria. I purchased a bottle and dosed it with my UV off feeling confident that I wasn't adding anything harmful to my tank.

Did anyone else come away with that same impression from that video? Is it possible the study was flawed or manipulated?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I revisited my decision to use Vibrant in my tank. As I said before, I based that decision on a BRSTV study done by Randy at BRS. He basically repeated the mfrs claim that it was bacteria. He even went so far as to run his experiment with and without UV sterilization to see if UV reduced the effectiveness of the treatment. The study showed that UV had a visible negative effect, probably because it killed the bacteria. I purchased a bottle and dosed it with my UV off feeling confident that I wasn't adding anything harmful to my tank.

Did anyone else come away with that same impression from that video? Is it possible the study was flawed or manipulated?
He was testing the effectiveness of the product taking the vendors claim of ingredients as a true statement. He was not trying to verify the actual components of Vibrant. I see no wrong doing other than falling for the same ruse we all did.

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they use cultured bacteria that produce the active ingredient in algaefix the packaging would be misleading yes but not blatant fraud. I'm sure in 81 pages someone has said this but I cant read through that many pages of back and forth. Another possibility is bioaccumulation use bacteria that bioaccumulate the algaecide then sell it as a bacterial culture.

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they use cultured bacteria that produce the active ingredient in algaefix the packaging would be misleading yes but not blatant fraud. I'm sure in 81 pages someone has said this but I cant read through that many pages of back and forth. Another possibility is bioaccumulation use bacteria that bioaccumulate the algaecide then sell it as a bacterial culture.
Bacteria can not make this algicide. And previous testing has shown no bacteria in the bottle. So that would be a no on both accounts.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha thanks, My gif swan song for this thread. I’m done trolling them now

"I’m done trolling them now"​

PFFFT. We will see......... I have a feeling there will be more times you just cant help it. ;). I give it until lunch. lol

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was testing the effectiveness of the product taking the vendors claim of ingredients as a true statement. He was not trying to verify the actual components of Vibrant. I see no wrong doing other than falling for the same ruse we all did.
That wasn't my point. He showed UV reduced the effectiveness of Vibrant, which implies UV is killing the active ingredient. Bacteria. If there is no bacteria in the bottle then the UV effect didn't exist or it was a result of an unidentified cause.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back