Was a sad day for my tank

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was the day I had to break down my DT had been running for over 2 years now, we are moving to a nicer house shortly (hopefully). Had some ups and downs in tank but I really learned a lot from this tank and was sad to take it down. Moved the livestock to the wife’s parents house and have everything setup in a Rubbermaid stock tank. Not sure how long it will have to be setup that way. I didn’t realize how much equipment I actually had laying around, only plus side to this is I am going to be setting up my dream tank at new house! Wish me luck guys as our house goes on the market Wednesday morning! With how the market is they are anticipating it will go very fast! Hopping I don’t lose any livestock either!

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have a move in the future, would have to go thru the same thing, on the bright side I will keep the tank, upgrade to a ghost overflow and redo the rocks..so I look at it has half full, not empty. Good luck with the home sale...
Thank you means a lot! My tank I have now will be my qt I’m thinking, but that will be nice adding that overflow! We moved almost everything today to multiple storage units all I can say is I’ve had enough of moving already!

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uff! moving is never easy. i wish you good weather to make things a bit less hectic!
It wasn’t too bad today! It did a rain a bit but not bad the cold weather is coming tomorrow though!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Been there and done this.
Expect possible loss of some livestock (hopefully not), and expect excitement once in new home and setting tank up again.

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been there and done this.
Expect possible loss of some livestock (hopefully not), and expect excitement once in new home and setting tank up again.
I kinda assumed this, I am more than excited to start my new build and going to take it slow and learn from my mistakes and make it simple but great.

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well been a busy week! 17 showings and two open houses! Good news is this morning we accepted an offer more than our listing price! Bad news is the house we made an offer on accepted a different offer so looks like we will be moving in with wife’s parents until we find something. There isn’t much on the market in our area! We have to be out weekend of thanksgiving if everything goes smooth.

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kinda bittersweet news,keep on looking ,the rt place will fall into your lap ,when least expected ;) :)
That’s what I keep telling the wife it was a good/bad jews day but I’ll take it! We are blessed now I can save some real extra money for new tank!

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck man! Now is the time to sell, the housing market is pretty crazy with the exoduses from CA and other states. I wish you preserverence.
That is why we sold the market is crazy! We sold it for more than 70,000 than we owe

jpnegrete14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well been a busy week! 17 showings and two open houses! Good news is this morning we accepted an offer more than our listing price! Bad news is the house we made an offer on accepted a different offer

You tackled the hardest part! You only have ONE house to offer the market and MANY houses to choose from. Congrats and best of luck on everything :)

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully you will find and purchase your dream home sooner than later. Sending some good vibes your way.

Besides, a dream home needs to include a DREAM TANK!!! ;Happy ;):cool:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well been a busy week! 17 showings and two open houses! Good news is this morning we accepted an offer more than our listing price! Bad news is the house we made an offer on accepted a different offer so looks like we will be moving in with wife’s parents until we find something. There isn’t much on the market in our area! We have to be out weekend of thanksgiving if everything goes smooth.

I'm sure the fish will be happy to see you back!

I will pray (with her parents) that you find a new place quickly and much nicer than you could have hoped for. An upgrade for you and the fish!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back