Wasn't able to predose Copper, what should I do?

neznarf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In humblefish's guide, he mentions to add fish to QT predosed with Copper Power at 1.0 ppm.

I added 2 clowns to my QT PRIOR to dosing copper (fish arrived prior to copper). Wondering what I should do here...

Should I temporarily remove the fish, dose the QT to 1.0 ppm and drop the fish back in?

Or slowly dose the Copper Power over the next few days until I reach therapeutic level?

Appreciate any guidance on this. Thanks.

jradishness

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would simply raise the copper over the same few days, maybe add a day. You’ll be doing it quicker obviously, but that’s okay, especially if you dose it up in smaller increments throughout the day. I think that would be much less stressful on the fish than transferring them.

innovusaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like to see a fish eat and figure out what a fish really likes to eat before I start a copper routine. Unless there are outright signs of disease that require immediate attention I add 3 days of observation and test feeding at the beginning of the QT calendar and an additional couple days of copper ramp. If a fish needs instant care that can be done, but since copper is an appetite suppressant I really want to know what a fish like to eat to present them with that food while they might be stressed.

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my Achilles, I observed it for two weeks without copper to make sure it is eating then slowly dosed copper.

Back