Watchguy's SPS Addiction (photo intense)

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mark,

Those Yukis are outstanding!! You're pulling some great color out of them

The Neptunes look good as well.

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is primarily little coral frags but it feels like it will blossom with a little more effort and patience.

Another little purple/pink frag with hints of yellow

coral-33.jpg

And this is a little green and red frag below, it hopefully will turn much more pink

coral-34.jpg

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. :)

It feels good to share again. I think it is so so cool to be able to observe others coral growth and occasionally share a tidbit of information or know how.

One of my favorites, I was able to save literally just a few polyps and this is about 7 months of growth.

coral-35.jpg

This next one below was oce a mini colony. Three separate tiny groupings survived and hopefully they will coalesce once again into a colony eventually. RR USA Rainbow Blossom.

coral-36.jpg

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! Looking awesome, and nice purple coralline to boot.
Thank you. I get sheets upon sheets of coralline growth!

I think my favorite coral. Z's Yellow Eyed Jawdropper. Slow growing but a beauty. A very good reefer buddy gave me this piece to start all over with again. I am delighted to have it.

coral-37.jpg

Its a small frag but happy. RR Lady in Pink
coral-38.jpg

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've definitely been busy Mark! I'm glad you've gotten some cool things.

Yes, indeed I have been busy. Man on a mission.

A pretty blasto highlighted by the blue light

coral-39.jpg

There are so many pretty favias around

coral-40.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful pieces in this collection!

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful pieces in this collection!
Thanks

In the following photo, you can get an idea of the many lps and even zoas that I have scattered about. It has been many years since I have had zoas. The blue zoas are WWC AOI's. I don't know what AOI stands for. I also have some cool looking acans and then of course, the spotlight is meant to be on the SPS frag, WWC Heartbreaker. I seem to have a handful of red with green sps but I expect as they get bigger, they will differentiate themselves from each other, at least hopefully they will.

The SPS get to encrust on the rockscape, but the lps and zoas will hopefully be contained to disks. You can see coralline algae encrusting over coralline algae--I always think that is cool.

coral-41.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this from a friend. They were two individual frags but one frag just would not stay glued to the rock work, it would always come loose. I decided to glue the recalcitrant frag down length wise and hoped it would contribute to the forming of the base. Instead it has refused to grow and encrust. Fortunately the sister frag has stayed glued where placed, setting down its encrusting base and looking pretty.

coral-42.jpg

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so pretty but sometimes I can't capture just how pretty it really is. This is not a very good picture of it but I didn't have the time to take another picture. I find somedays even with the same camera, lens, settings and lighting that pictures can turn out crummy and other days better. Anyway, Z's Superman. If you look to the far left, you can see my little rainbow chalice frag. If you look to the right, you can see my GB avatar chalice.

coral-44.jpg

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before my crash, I had a large frag/mini colony of Walt Disney that simply looked green. It never colored up to some of the pretty pictures that I have seen of it. A tiny frag survived of that and I also purchased a new frag as well because I thought maybe the original frag I had was either an ugly morph or who knows what. Well low and behold, my original frag is now getting pinks and blues and my new frag is still just a kind of yellow. But i have hope for both pieces and will patiently await them to grow and transpire into something really pretty.

Walt Disney Acro ( my original piece is in the back and my new piece is in the front)

coral-48.jpg

another blasto, I have a new appreciation for them

coral-50.jpg

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few pictures of my lps followed by a picture giving a little look at what the mix looks like, at least a hint of what it looks like now.

A pretty little chalice

coral-55.jpg

One of my favorite favias, Z's USC Favia

coral-56.jpg

A mix of lps and sps

coral-57.jpg

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing coral shots, glad to see you bounce back from your set back!
Thank you. It is a work in progress
Very nice. :)
Thank you.

A wonderful reefer shared this pretty frag with me. Really kind and I think a really special piece. CB Malificent

coral-64.jpg

Another friend shared a white zombie (I'm pretty sure thats what it is). there are some amazing non sps colorful coral

coral-61.jpg

When I saw this coral online, I thought it was an acan lord but its not. Amazing colors and I am glad i have it. The middle looks a bit funky because there was a polyp there that I cut off for a friend. Pretty impressed with my self that I could actually get a polyp from the middle out.

coral-62.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back