Watchguy's SPS Addiction (photo intense)

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! What's the chalice called on the right in the 3rd pic

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

A little closer image of that chalice

8.jpg

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had dropped my 90 mm macro lens on our limestone floor and separated the telescoping parts. So I superglued the lens plastic casing at a fixed focal length, in other words, I can not focus except by moving the camera body back and forth. So I have to move my tripod to focus, yes that is kind of hard. But I think I am just starting to get the hang of it. Anyway just a few more pics with my repaired lens. Oh, I took it the camera store and they said it was not repairable, so atleast I somewhat salvaged the lens for coral shots.:

11.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

10.jpg

16.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

15.jpg

Last edited:

rajkovich207

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just went through your thread and had to say, your tank is absolutely stunning and you have some amazing skills. it's nice to see very large colonies of your le corals that go for $100s like the red Dragon. maybe I missed it but what camera do you use? and sorry to hear about your lenses. we definitely need that fits lol and hopefully someone can id your blue steel milli for sure lol. just getting into spa now with the new tank, was never able to keep them before, so I am of no help lol. keep up the great work and keep the pics coming!!!!!!!!!!

SNAKEMANVET

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a awesome collection of corals.Pics of corals like yours is what has got me started on sps.

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a awesome collection of corals.Pics of corals like yours is what has got me started on sps.
û
Thank you so much, I get excited when anyone notices my pics. I also was motivated by tanks and pics of beautiful coral particularly sps Just did not know that it would be such a long odyssey to get there. And even when things go well, always concerned about the next potential disaster. It's not that I am paranoid , but its corals and one needs a certain amount of paranoia to maintain the vigilance and consistency necessary for their maintenance. And I could spend the day either staring or taking pics of my coral. Everything about a reef tank is mesmerizing . Oh and I might be paranoid at least a little

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful stuff man! I hope I can achieve an sps tank like this once all my frags grow up.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Forum Runner

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The good news is the Tyree blue matrix is growing, the bad news is I can't get a clear photo of the colony behind it with the cool orange polyps

wild-viviid.jpg

Pink smoothie recently shaved
pink-smoothiejanuary.jpg

Pink ******* chalice
pinkboobies-plus-other-challicesjanuray-1.jpg

Red dragon
red-dragon-january.jpg

Trimmed Rommel's Watermelon Millie and to the right is Nick's bubble Gum Millie
rommelswatermelonjanuary.jpg

Last edited:

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mark that red stag is rocking your reef!! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful display of color!

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of pics from today:

skinny pearlberry (yes I made that up, in fact about 5 minutes ago. Most correct color is on the left side, more muted green and blue but that's what top down pictures do sometimes and that is give you an intensity that you never see from the front)
skinny-pearlberry.jpg

reef tek starburst

reeftek-starburst.jpg

Red hyacinth (kinda like the red planet, less deep coloration and more like a light pink/red and no green)

red-hyacinth-circle.jpg

Mr Pacman ( sold to me as a 1/4 inch frag for I think like $60 bucks, still coloring up nicely)

mr-pacman.jpg

Super fluorescent pink millie ( spreading its wings, so to speak)
fluorescent-pink-millie.jpg

bright flourescent green acro from reef raft (kind of has blue tips but only if you squint and use your imagination)

fluorescent-green-millie.jpg

darth maul prorites (I have no idea how to spell any of that)
darthmaulprorites.jpg

very cool chalice, no name
coral-gazers-chalice.jpg

baby blue tenuis ( I think it is a tenuis but not really sure, maybe I should call it a baby blue acro, that's safer)
baby-blue-tenuis.jpg

Aquamarine jewel (trimmed a little but coloring up pretty mightily--is mightily a word, not sure)
aquamarine-jewel.jpg

Last edited:

johntran216

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lolol i laughed out loud on that flourescent green acro's description. freakin awesome collection and great job on their growth.

Trevdawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!! Very nice tank!!

I like how you have the name of everything as you go. I started to read the first to pages and then just started to look at all the pictures for the rest of this topic. One thing I didn't see was a front view of the whole tank. Maybe I missed it.

Also, how many gallons is this tank?

I hope to achieve something like this some day in the future.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful update!

mylittlejade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your corals are looking awesome. I really need to learn your secrets if getting such good colors.

Bryan

Back