Water changes while cycling tank

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so this is my first salt water tank and I've read mixed reviews on this so I figured I would ask for all of your input/opinions on this topic. I just started cycling my tank fishless, I do have about 60lbs of dry rock in tank and 40lbs of live sand. I also added a bottle of Bio-Spira to help the process cause i was unsure if I was gonna add a hardy fish to help with this process. Do you guys recommend doing water changes while cycling or leave it alone and just top of water during this process?

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep up with evaporation, test regularly, then once done with your cycle, perform a water change then. No need to waste money/salt at this point if you don't need to ;)

Here's a great resource on cycling:

OP
OP
Funston07

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep up with evaporation, test regularly, then once done with your cycle, perform a water change then. No need to waste money/salt at this point if you don't need to ;)

Here's a great resource on cycling:
I was hoping for a response like this lol. I was just looking for someones input who isnt benefiting from pushing products like you see on YouTube. I have read that thread on cycling as well already but it never fully mentioned to do or not to do water changes necessarily. Thanks though

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back