Water circulation in 12foot tank?

Fairymary58

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I need help. What have people used for flow in a large tank? I'm not happy with the vortechs I used on my 4ft tank and an intersted in what others think are viable options. If I have to go back to the votech's i will as i have a MP10 and an MP40 but hoping to find something else. Hubby (a computer programmer) is building a rasberry PI controller for the tank so want something he can plug into the controller and adjust if possible. (i have no idea if this can be done, and hes busy with work for a bit so cant tell me either) Please help

Jseimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing it has thick glass so the Nero 5 would be a no go. I love my gyres personally. I know he has the raspberry pi system button would be possible to run up to 4 icecap or maxspect gyres off of one hydros wave engine. One controller one plug

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the goal for the tank (you don’t provide much context). MP10 is designed for small tanks and the MP40 is a bit wimpy. You’d need to be thinking MP60 if sticking with vortech. I run four in my 8’ tank. There aren’t a lot of reasonably priced options for really large tanks. If you want sticker shock check out the panta rhei hydrowizard pumps. Closed loop might be a good option.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded and added 2 MP60’s today along with the 4 MP40’s. MP60’s are a massive upgrade on an 8’ tank, trying to figure out how not to tick off LPS with all the additional flow lol

On a 12’ I would do 4 MP60’s or closed loop

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back