Water flow - 40G Breeder — LPS Reef

Renaissance corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those powerheads come out as a cone of flow. Putting something straight ahead of it will be lower flow than of to an angle
The goal of pointing it straight ahead is to create indirect flow and the way that it should interact with the diagonal stream from the return. Output should help create an irregular flow pattern throughout most of the tank

OP
OP
mr.lordacan

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that’s a neat idea! I’ll give an update tomorrow. I think I may have gotten it (monitoring as of now). I moved the powerhead up towards the front, but it gave me some issues with the bubble coral getting too much flow and too little for the torch. I currently have the powerhead moved towards the middle (favoring the front). I had to move the bubble coral slightly to protect it from the flow (using rock as a barrier). I now have the power head up to 60% power rather than 40% and everything is looking happy at the moment. Although my goby is pretty peeved lol. Tried making an escape in the process

Renaissance corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that’s a neat idea! I’ll give an update tomorrow. I think I may have gotten it (monitoring as of now). I moved the powerhead up towards the front, but it gave me some issues with the bubble coral getting too much flow and too little for the torch. I currently have the powerhead moved towards the middle (favoring the front). I had to move the bubble coral slightly to protect it from the flow (using rock as a barrier). I now have the power head up to 60% power rather than 40% and everything is looking happy at the moment. Although my goby is pretty peeved lol. Tried making an escape in the process
Sounds good. Hopefully that configuration is good for you

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back