Water is cloudy

Jason Stepp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started this tank about 3 months ago,upgraded from a 75g. This one is 150g and all water perimeters are good but there is a cloudiness in the water. At first I thought it was suspended sand but I turned all the powerheads off for a few hours and it was still there. All the corals are very open and doing well. I added Dr times one and only on start up and a month later. I have added Ecobalance and waste away on weekly bases as called out. Also dose every other day with phytoplankton. Debating about a UV filter but would rather clear up it some other way without add more hardware.

ANY idea what it could be?

2 G4 radians
1400gph return
Kessil 160 led in refugiam
20g full of Chato
around 50g sump
Reef-octopus skimmer for a 220g tank
6ml of triton core7 daily

IMG_0829.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jason Stepp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also forgot to a... I took gallon of water out and let it settle. Nothing settled out so i knew it was not micro sand

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When was the last time u did a water change, and if u did do a water change did that help. I found with my tank as algae blooms started the water would get a little murky and when I did a water change it would help. I also just started using a carbin reactor with a little gfo and it is cleaning my water nicely.

JFrar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya - new tank still even with transfer from smaller one. just go slow and read your corals.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back