Water Level and ATO placement in AIO 25 lagoon

JWHITESP88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first time dealing with an AIO. I am building a IM 25 lagoon, just put water in it and playing with water level. My question is does it matter how full the back “sump” area is? I’m trying to figure out the proper placement for my ATO sensor. Also does it matter which chamber the sensor goes in and does the fill hose for the ATO need to be in the same chamber as the sensor? Thanks for the help.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. When you install it (and the sensor has to go in the pump chamber), you’ll want the water level in the pump chamber close to the top of the side partitions (~1/4” to the top). The hose can go anywhere, but I’d suggest the pump chamber.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first time dealing with an AIO. I am building a IM 25 lagoon, just put water in it and playing with water level. My question is does it matter how full the back “sump” area is? I’m trying to figure out the proper placement for my ATO sensor. Also does it matter which chamber the sensor goes in and does the fill hose for the ATO need to be in the same chamber as the sensor? Thanks for the help.

you can only fill the last chamber to the lvl you want, the display and the other chambers will have a set lvl, until the display and the other chambers are full the last chamber will be empty. So you can’t overfill these chambers just the last one.

You want the water going into the last chamber to have a slight drop so it is helping to remove co2 from the water, so place the sensor an inch or so below the lvl of water in the chamber next to the last one.

It’s not too important where you place the water inlet tube, but the last chamber is also the better option as this will stop the sensor faster as the water entering the chamber will stop the sensor sooner than if the water was entering in the first chamber, it would,take an extra few seconds for the water to trigger the sensor to,stop.

OP
OP
J

JWHITESP88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. When you install it (and the sensor has to go in the pump chamber), you’ll want the water level in the pump chamber close to the top of the side partitions (~1/4” to the top). The hose can go anywhere, but I’d suggest the pump chamber.
you can only fill the last chamber to the lvl you want, the display and the other chambers will have a set lvl, until the display and the other chambers are full the last chamber will be empty. So you can’t overfill these chambers just the last one.

You want the water going into the last chamber to have a slight drop so it is helping to remove co2 from the water, so place the sensor an inch or so below the lvl of water in the chamber next to the last one.

It’s not too important where you place the water inlet tube, but the last chamber is also the better option as this will stop the sensor faster as the water entering the chamber will stop the sensor sooner than if the water was entering in the first chamber, it would,take an extra few seconds for the water to trigger the sensor to,stop.
Thank you both for the help. Much appreciated.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back