Water perameters good, fish still dieing !

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
goofy movie hello GIF

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Really sorry to hear about your loss. Especially sad when all was well in the previous tank. Hope things get better for you. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
First off in new to this forum and I'm excited to have another source of information for this awesome hobby.and Thank you in advance for any help ! Long story, I first had a 40 gallon hexagon tank for about a year, everything thing was great and fish never died off. So I decided to move to a 55 gallon rectangle (so much easier to clean) and that's basically when the trouble started. I moved 100%of the water to the new tank and added 20 lbs of live sand. First I lost my coral beauty, then a mandrane blenny, a file fish, followed by my two clowns (which I believe got brooklynella ) then two chromis. All of them within a month and a half. Along with snails and my emerald crab in-between all that. My ammonia and nitrite is 0 PH is about 8.0 and my nitrate is about 30. I was keeping my salinity at 1.026, which the more I read the more I want to drop it to 1.022. I'm very frustrated everything was going great then I decided to change tanks Thank you again for any help. Ps I have one chromis, one diamond back goby, a star fish and hermit crabs left. They look fine and are eating well. Any help/ideas is greatly appreciated!
Welcome! I am sorry about your losses during the move. That had to be hard. There is already good advice within this post. Can tell you have lots of BBA - bounce back ability. There will be many successes in your future!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back