Water??

Clownface

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, what type of water would you go with? Our water is well water. How about bottled water?thanks

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you keeping in your tank? I would suggest you get a RODI unit. This way You have pure water with no surprises

Birddog61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the long run purchasing an rodi filter is the best bang for your buck. And affords you constant avaliability to the most usefull tool in the aquarists bag of tricks. " the water change " However if your goal is algae farming well water is a good choice .distilled bottled water will work.
And running to get water will get old quick forget the fact a 20 gallon tank requires enough water in the first year to pay for a rodi twice. If you intend to actually cate for it well

OP
OP
C

Clownface

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be going with a 36 gallon tank. Will this 50 gallon Rodi unit do?
Three stage or four stage.
if I were to go with an algae farm would rodi water still be of use?thanks.

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be going with a 36 gallon tank. Will this 50 gallon Rodi unit do?
Three stage or four stage.
if I were to go with an algae farm would rodi water still be of use?thanks.
The size of the RODI unit is really about how often you want to do maintenance. It’s also about what is in your tank and what you plan to have in your tank. For example, if you go the SPS route, you may want Kalk... You may not... With the volume of water you need for that tank. A standard 4 stage should be fine

OP
OP
C

Clownface

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When filling a tank with water for the first time what water should I go with? RODI?distilled?well water?thanks.

Mario1403

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While being new to this hobby as well, I highly recommend to get a RODI filter. I've personally started off with Tab water, using prime to de-chlorinate it. Once I added fish, I realized that they were breathing heavily. I've purchased a RODI under sink filter rated at 100GPD. Yes, it is painful to wait for the water to be created and it is producing waste water. Way more than actual RODI water. But as soon as I changed, my fish were way happier and on top of this (This might be only an opinion) the Salt dissolved way quicker. They are not really expensive (I think mine was only about $180), but they will pay out in the long run.
For your question: Go RODI immediately. That is, IMO, the only way to go.

Back