OP
sharkbait-uhaha

sharkbait-uhaha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo Im back with some minor updates, A lot has happened in the past year in my life (mainly good) that kinda made me keep the tank at idle with little to no updates. The tank went through some ups and downs, some new corals, some dead corals. Fish still are alive and tank is back on track you could say. I'll continue to update this thread now that everything is back to normal.

first pic is of the tank before the purchases, in the time I was gone I managed to pick up some torches/hammer for a great deal that I couldn't pass up !

(grim ripper, dragon soul, NY knicks, rainbow/Gold hammer.)

fish .jpg IMG_2756.jpg tempImage7x0z6t.png tempImageEycUhI.png tempImageESkLt4.png

OP
OP
sharkbait-uhaha

sharkbait-uhaha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to Catch you guys up to where I’m at now with the tank.

You know how I said my tank was on idle for this past year. Well wife and I found out that we were going to be parents !!!! It’s our first baby so us being new parents kinda went into panic mode and last thing on my mind was the tank. Fast forward to baby being born, I neglected the routinely water changes do to baby having all of our attention, which made my tank get out of whack and cause major GHA and throw chemistry off as well which caused my torches to recede and eventually die. Couple zoas also didn’t make it through the mess.

Fast forward even more to today , the baby is 3 months and I’m able to sneak around to get back in the groove of tank maintenance.

I’ve been doing 20% water changes weekly to try to get rid of the gha along with brushing the rocks and plucking what I can get to but it seems like as soon as I do that more GHA grows within a day or two.

So I been looking into possibly buying a skimmer to help out reduce organic waste and what not, but this tank being a DIY tank I decided why not make one !

Parts were ordered and will post update when they get here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back