Waterbox 10 Reboot with upgrades, hopefully less algae

Soylent Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy folks!

I had this tank running for about six months, coral was doing great (sps/lps and anemones) and then I just let the maintenance go on algae. Long story short, I got tired of the brown sludge of the hair algae die off (but the LPS loved it, I've never seen them so open and fluffy) and took it down.

Reboot time, it's up and running and semi-cycled. Going to be installing the upgrades tomorrow, so better pics tomorrow night.
20210728_122058.jpg

OP
OP
Soylent Wrasse

Soylent Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I couldn't believe I've had this thing cycling since July! Probably the longest ever cycle I've done (no reason, just super busy this summer). Going to try my first fishless reef tank, pictures in another three months probably :)

OP
OP
Soylent Wrasse

Soylent Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm getting ready to get this thing fired up livestock wise (I've got almost everything already, just moving it from another tank), and I keep flip flopping on what I want to do. I'm tempted to go SPS on the top, with leathers on the bottom, but I can never bother with SPS, I just find them super boring (no movement).

Maybe I'll just go pure leathers, if I ever can make up my mind!

OP
OP
Soylent Wrasse

Soylent Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a couple of test corals in, and lights are on. We'll see how they do over the next few days before I move anything else over. I'll do a 3-4G h20 change next Tuesday.
20211021_165659.jpg

Need to clean the glass of course, but that can wait till the h20 change in a few days! One snail, one purple finger leather, and a spare JF Fruit Pebbles Monti for the test subjects. Landscape will most likely change during the h20 change, I just stuck the rocks in there to get stuff cycled back in July.

OP
OP
Soylent Wrasse

Soylent Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved a few more corals in, thinking it's going to be OK. Two SPS (Acro and the monti) and two leathers (Finger and toadstool). I think I've got an either really cool idea, or totally dumb way to landscape it. Ordered the stuff, we'll see!

OP
OP
Soylent Wrasse

Soylent Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided it's time for some fish, so added a tribal blenny and sharknose goby (yellow line) today. I know the blenny can nip at sps, but from what I've read it is mostly Acro's and Digis. If the monti gets nipped, I'll live :)

Pics up tomorrow once they are settled in!

(Also got some more coral and other fish for the other tanks too!)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back