OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing well. The par increase from the burnt out old channel have been much appreciated by the clams and coral on the bottom for sure, huge impact there.

OP
OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So some big updates. I managed to spill around 100-130 gallons on saltwater on my upstairs flooring as I walked away from my mj1200 going into a filter sock. Almost went to bed to let it “polish” but came out thankfully and saw the tube slipped out somehow. Tank was 50% empty and the Rubbermaid sump downstairs was almost totally empty.

had to wake my wife up with …..so there has been a tank disaster….

went to work with towel and squeegee. Thankfully the basement under the tank is not finished and all electrical items are in cabinets so no damage there but the floors have some cupping. Rented an industrial dehumidifier from HD for a week and that helped a lot. Not thrilled about so much sw in heater vents but everything is working….

had enough blue bucket Red Sea on hand that once got past the house saving could make more sw to fill tank. Thankfully keep alk at 9 so no spike there. Yeah fact corals seem to not miss a beat.
Drama.

also managed somehow to scratch the outside of the glass lightly with the felt on cleaner. Front pane of course. Fun time

OP
OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a positive or at least interesting note, before this drama the Tmc UV knocked down the dino well. I bought aquabiomics seed rock and decided to turn off uv, skimmer and mechanical filtration and go really basic.

Dino free for several weeks now so I am keeping the skimmerless, uv-less thing going. I run carbon and oxidators still. Honestly corals looks happier than in a long time but I think that’s from keep My phosphate around 0.05-0.1 per Hans at Tropic Marin new target range. Water has lots of floaties in it from the lack of mechanical filter, but I am not going to mess with it. Also got few cups of keys sand and mud I put in jars in the sump for even more diversity.

will see how this experiment goes. Ph is higher without skimmer due to all the chaeto, even with outside airline the chaeto uses that much co2!

not many acro systems are skimmerless, so this will be fun to see what happens.

OP
OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I decided to sell off the whole system, tank, icon, all livestock… the whole deal. Coral is such a roller coaster ride. Going to get an new IM tank and do FOWLR. We had a good run.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I decided to sell off the whole system, tank, icon, all livestock… the whole deal. Coral is such a roller coaster ride. Going to get an new IM tank and do FOWLR. We had a good run.
What types of fish are you favorite in a FOWLR?

OP
OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’m going to do a butterfly tank, so many interesting colors and shapes. Probably a couple not totally safe wrasse too. dwarf angel

if larger tank perhaps some of the bigger guys but I don’t want a huge tank, this IM is already bigger than I wanted but should give a nice scape for the butterflies being 48x36

What types of fish are you favorite in a FOWLR?

OP
OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started new build thread.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back