Everything seems to be coming along well, some cyano and maybe dreaded dinos on the new white rock which I expected a bit of. I cleaned the jebao UV, it wasn't bad to open and clean internally and everything looked good, and just installed it back on last night for the dinos. This is about the 5th time I have stopped running UV only to put it right back on after seeing dinos start, this time at least I am doing it sooner rather than trying to wait it out and then having a real battle.
I got a red sea screen top, oh how I hate putting in the screen. Too tight and the frame bends, too lose and you can't heat the mesh up tight enough. After fussing all night I ordered a clear view lid and said this is good enough for now until that lid comes. I wanted to try safe top lids, but their website must not work on my phone.
Since I have just 1 hole drain I decided to make my modifications a bit more robust. I had a marineland overflow pipe 1 1/2" that goes to 1" bulkhead, so I used the adaptor I had from metric to 1", trimmed and installed the larger elbow. Had to plug the side holes in it and drill another vent on the top of the elbow, it took a lot longer to get it sorted than I thought, but now it easily handles full flow and isn't loud. Yay. You can't see it in the glass overflow with top so it's all good.
For my outside skimmer air I also decided to use a BRS plastic container to filter the air through some carbon, not a hard mod, so I knocked that out and overall it’s a good insurance policy. Will also keep any tiny bugs out that make it past the screen.
Tank now seems to be solid chugging along, I don’t think there is anything else that needs to be done on the ‘tank project list’ right now.
Wife took some notes as I was testing par, if anyone can make them out!
Basically top of rock in middle is 500, bottom middle is 250-300, edges 200 with far corners around 150 so coral at any height will be above 200. The orphek is a long way from the bottom, I was surprised by these numbers.