Waterbox 130.4 reef finally starting the build

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ok, here we go... kinda... I've ordered the waterbox 130.4 April 9th and after it was lost in transit, then found, and finally delivered to me. Luckily it was delivered in phenomenal shape. Lucky me. Now I have some equipment that I have purchased over the last couple months that have sat.

Tunze stream 6095's
Cor-20 return pump
Bubble magus curbe 7 elite version
2 eheim jager 250w heaters.
Mixing station with pan world 100px-x

Now you will see my tank is missing the doors. That is because I could not for the life of me line them u . One has a slight warp. The gap on the outside is horrible. And then bottom corner sticks out it was ticking me off. I closed the hinges as far as they can go and it's still a huge gap due to the warp. On the other side it actually fit well except when I had the ms. Hold it up level to the top of the cabinet. I tightened it and the top corner away from hinges would drop slightly. I could not for the life of me get it to be straight. So me getting frustrated and sweating I said I'm going to just try to bend it u . And yup! Snapped the hinges right out of the inside of the cabine . So im working on finding a solution and fixing that. The dam doors are so heavy. I might go buy 6 blum soft close doors and install those and see if they hold the heavy door better without sag. Which will use different holes and I'll have to patch the ripped out molly holes.

They say it's real wood but its furniture plywood.

I'm also wondering quality blum hinges might force the slight warp to get closer to the cabinet.
20190606_151847.jpg
20190611_210350.jpg
20190611_210406.jpg
20190611_215131.jpg
20190611_214141.jpg

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful build, switching to nice Blum eurohinges is a great idea. I opted to switch to wide opening hinges to get the 120* opening action over the stock 90* my SCA stand came with.

Can waterbox send you a new door? If it's not solid wood and the tank hasn't been wet yet there's no excuse for it not being flat, that's the whole point of the composite wood materials.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful build, switching to nice Blum eurohinges is a great idea. I opted to switch to wide opening hinges to get the 120* opening action over the stock 90* my SCA stand came with.

My concern is. These hinge cups on doors are I believe 6mm bore distance from end. blum wants 5mm. Not sure if they will work or not.

Can waterbox send you a new door? If it's not solid wood and the tank hasn't been wet yet there's no excuse for it not being flat, that's the whole point of the composite wood materials.

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a real nice platform to start! I echo what @ludnix said tho. I'd make em send a new stand out

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont need a new stand. I'll change hinges so the holes I created by trying to pressure them to align will be obsolete. Blum hinges use different spot . But im.waiting to hear back in terms of seeing if sending me a new door. Or doors are possible. I only need the one. So if the doors come in pai . Great if they only send me one great. But they havent responded to my email yet.

Mrussell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cabinet door did the same thing. I was able to adjust the hinges and get it pretty close to straight. Have your verified that the actual wood is warped? If it is that would make a lot of sense because it also took me days of adjustments to get it straight.

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seeing as this is more of a build thread I would ask a move to move it to member tanks, then pick up a spiffy build thread contributor badge.

JFLU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hung the spectrapure rodi and just received my pipe to plumb the tank. I got work to do on my day off.
20190617_170513.jpg
20190617_170544.jpg
How much did the water containers run you if I may know? I am Looking into getting some when my wife and I get a house.

Back