• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Waterbox 220.6 Display tank. 167 gallons

Detroit_aqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm selling just the display from the Waterbox Reef Pro 220.6 system. 167 gallon volume, low iron rimless glass, pre drilled. Asking $1300

THE GLASS OVERFLOW IS BROKEN AND WILL NEED TO BE REPAIRED (which is why they sent me a new one).

The rest of the tank is in new condition, never seen water, still in original crate.. The dimensions of the tank are roughly 72x24x25. PICK UP ONLY Located in Metro Detroit area. Price is negotiable. Serious inquiries only, message me with questions or if you want more pictures

220.6-white-700x700.jpg overflow.jpg

OP
OP
Detroit_aqua

Detroit_aqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe with those dimensions it’s 187 gals, isn’t it?
i think they subtract the thickness of the glass and maybe dont count the top inch or two suspecting you wont fill it to the rim

Last edited:

sdt11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just getting into the hobby. Do you know of a way to replace the glass.

OP
OP
Detroit_aqua

Detroit_aqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just getting into the hobby. Do you know of a way to replace the glass.
From what I know, you could:

1. Silicon the pieces back together (probably the least aesthetic and sketchiest option)
  2. Silicon a new piece of glass behind the broken pieces and silicon underneath and around the edges of the new piece (simple and effective)
  3. You could have something 3D printed for relatively cheap, cut out the old face of the overflow and silicon the new piece in
  4. You could reach out to waterbox and see if they would sell you the broken piece (unlikely, but worth a shot)
If it was me, I'd probably lean towards option 3, as it is the most aesthetic, but I'm a nerd about those things.

If anyone has more solutions feel free to chime in!

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea if the glass is tempered. I'd be tempted to remove the overflow all together and just drill for a external overflow setup. Then just silicon new glass over the holes in the bottom of the tank.

That's what I was thinking. A ghost overflow on this tank would be nice!

D

OP
OP
Detroit_aqua

Detroit_aqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea if the glass is tempered. I'd be tempted to remove the overflow all together and just drill for a external overflow setup. Then just silicon new glass over the holes in the bottom of the tank.
Its starphire glass, which I believe is tempered for aquarium use. Would have to do some research though

sdt11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted Waterbox and as you thought they didn’t have a replacement or a solution. I will contact a glass friend tomorrow.

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be easier to get a piece of acrylic cut to match whats in there vs a piece of glass. Probably cheaper too,

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back