Reefcraft's Waterbox 220.6

Chlorinated

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk why you would say that. Lots of activity every day from what I can see.

I feel people lock onto certain threads or people they know and block the rest out. This leaves people with minimal traffic.

Your tank is sweet though! Always look forward to the eye candy updates!

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is reef2reef a dying forum?
IMG_20230210_114158_751.jpg
I don’t think it’s dying, rather reefing has gained popularity in recent years and there’s a huge saturation of build threads. As such people just don’t engage with them as much.

How are you liking the 220.6? Anything about you you don’t like/would change? I on the fence about the pull the trigger on a new tank. Considering the 220.6 and the Innovatice Marine 200ext. I want to use a different sump/custom plumbing, which makes the innovative marine attractive. But I don’t like how shallow it is (21”) compared to the 220.6.

Newjimky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what’s your sump area consist of ? What parameters you have also ? If you wouldn’t mind sharing ?tank looks
Awesome

OP
OP
REEFCRAFT

REEFCRAFT

Reefer & Realtor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what’s your sump area consist of ? What parameters you have also ? If you wouldn’t mind sharing ?tank looks
Awesome
Thanks. I don't run anything fancy or complex. Stock WB sump with filter cups that hold some live rock and floss, RSK skimmer, and 1 dosing pump for All-For-Reef, and an ato. I keep my alk at 9 which keeps my cal around 420-440 and mag between 1400-1460. Nitrate is usually around 3 ppm to 5 ppm, and phosphates. in the 002 ppm to .007 ppm range. I keep my salinity at 1.025 sg and temp at 79 degrees.

OP
OP
REEFCRAFT

REEFCRAFT

Reefer & Realtor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the 220.6? Anything about you you don’t like/would change? I on the fence about the pull the trigger on a new tank. Considering the 220.6 and the Innovatice Marine 200ext. I want to use a different sump/custom plumbing, which makes the innovative marine attractive. But I don’t like how shallow it is (21”) compared to the 220.6.
I bounced around between those too also. One big thing to consider is the eurobrace on the IM. I love the quality of the WB, but tbh I despise rimless tanks. Eurobraced tanks are easier to maintain, but you do have to clean under the brace. It's still better than the constant spills that run down the glass on a rimless tank, usually right after you just wiped it clean because a fish decides to splash water at you or some other idiotic reason.

I didn't like the height of the IM stand. The 21" tank height never bothered me, the 30" depth front to back and external overflow are much better options imo. I've had that height and depth before on a previous tank and loved it.

So, if I were to choose again, I would go with the IM 200ext (sorry Waterbox) and build my own furniture grade stand for it.

Newjimky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I don't run anything fancy or complex. Stock WB sump with filter cups that hold some live rock and floss, RSK skimmer, and 1 dosing pump for All-For-Reef, and an ato. I keep my alk at 9 which keeps my cal around 420-440 and mag between 1400-1460. Nitrate is usually around 3 ppm to 5 ppm, and phosphates. in the 002 ppm to .007 ppm range. I keep my salinity at 1.025 sg and temp at 79 degrees.
So did you take out the refugium divider ? Or you’re running the fuge ?thx again

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back