Waterbox 220 + Nyos 160 + Refugium : Enough Room?

SPSReeferMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have your fuge after the sock compartment or before the return compartment?

I personally use the fuge section after the sock compartment and before the skimmer. That is how Waterbox designed it. The removable weir is nice and keeps a deeper water level to minimize water noise and give a deeper fuge. The skimmer section then has a good 8” depth that is easy to keep constant and to trap bubbles before the return pump.

Keep in mind that my 170 configuration will differ slightly from the 220.

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the 220 waterbox back in november 2019 and it will be arriving this week. thinking about doing the triton method. any of you running the triton method on your waterbox? do you think the fuge in the sump that comes with the waterbox is large enough for the method or are you running a pax bellum or some other type of reactor?
thanks

Yup. Using existing refugium. :)

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow looks like everyone ordered this tank. We ordered ours in January aprox 3 weeks ago. I spoke with them on the phone Friday and the lady told me it looked like mine would be shipping in the next couple of weeks ? So either I got lucky or am being told a story ? Lol

I would trust what they said. They probably brought in a bunch of extra tanks, so you probably did get lucky! :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back