Waterbox 25 peninsula 4 month old

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’m new to R2R and reefing. I just thought I would post my waterbox 25 peninsula and see if I could get any feed back. Thanks!
Right now I’m running

- Ecotech MP10
- IM Mightyjet
- AI prime
- Icecap ATO
- IM reactor (on its way and it will be running gfo)

And for live stock and corals I have
- Wyoming white clown fish pair
- reef lobster
- Goni
- RBTA
- Indo gold torch
- Hammer
- Frogspawn
- Rhodactis mushroom
- GSP
- Scoly
- Stylo
- Brain
- Ricordea mushroom
-Favia
- Cyphastrea
- small cleanup crew
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

KellyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an awesome tank so far! So you have a reef lobster? Are those things safe to keep with fish? I thought my LFS said they have to be kept with aggressive fish?

OP
OP
Ricksreeefs

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an awesome tank so far! So you have a reef lobster? Are those things safe to keep with fish? I thought my LFS said they have to be kept with aggressive fish?
yeah mine was always super shy and bothered no one but I re-homed him when I got my goby shrimp pair because of how small the yasha was.

OP
OP
Ricksreeefs

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that AI Prime and vortec wave maker combo will produce great results! How long has your tank been up and running?
It's been about 6 months at this point I should probably update it. I love my mp10 but for lighting, I know the ai will do the job but at the same time I'm looking into either a hybrid fixture or a radion xr15.

OP
OP
Ricksreeefs

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, update!

Right now I’m running

- Ecotech MP10
- IM Mightyjet
- AI prime
- Icecap ATO
- IM reactor
-DIY refuge with aquaclear filter growing cheato
-Intank first chamber cady

And for livestock and corals, I have
- Wyoming white clownfish pair
-Candy cane pistol shrimp with yasha goby
- Red and green Goni
- RBTA
- Indo gold torch
- Hammer
- Frogspawn
- Rhodactis mushroom
- GSP
- Scoly
-Acan lords/micromussas
- Stylo
- Ricordea mushroom
- Cyphastrea
- small cleanup crew
not much change also sry for the crap filter been meaning to buy a good one and the cloudy water lol

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 3.58.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 3.58.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 9.44.08 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 9.44.13 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 9.44.00 AM.png

CNHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, update!

Right now I’m running

- Ecotech MP10
- IM Mightyjet
- AI prime
- Icecap ATO
- IM reactor
-DIY refuge with aquaclear filter growing cheato
-Intank first chamber cady

And for livestock and corals, I have
- Wyoming white clownfish pair
-Candy cane pistol shrimp with yasha goby
- Red and green Goni
- RBTA
- Indo gold torch
- Hammer
- Frogspawn
- Rhodactis mushroom
- GSP
- Scoly
-Acan lords/micromussas
- Stylo
- Ricordea mushroom
- Cyphastrea
- small cleanup crew
not much change also sry for the crap filter been meaning to buy a good one and the cloudy water lol

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 3.58.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 3.58.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 9.44.08 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 9.44.13 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 9.44.00 AM.png
Did you trim the inlet threads on the Mightyjet to get it to fit in the return chamber?

CNHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, I had to not a ton tho. Super silent!
Thanks for the response!

How much space would you say is now between the inlet and the wall of the chamber? I have the same setup but haven’t been able to fill the tank yet, and I’m curious if it’s going to get enough flow.

OP
OP
Ricksreeefs

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response!

How much space would you say is now between the inlet and the wall of the chamber? I have the same setup but haven’t been able to fill the tank yet, and I’m curious if it’s going to get enough flow.
The reason I upgraded was more for the silent aspect because the tank is in my room. Room wise it barely slides in there. I would recommend it because to be honest imo the waterbox stock pump isn't much good. Oh and I would definitely recommend adding a powerhead.

CNHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the mighty jet GPH? I like my Hydor pump but I got to admit it’s noisy. Maybe should have gone with the mighty jet option.
The Mightyjet I have is the Desktop 326 GPH version. My tank isn’t fully setup yet, but I’ve only read good things about it from other users with this tank/pump combo, mainly that it’s truly silent. Like @Ricksreeefs said above, the stock pump is apparently very noisy.

The reason I upgraded was more for the silent aspect because the tank is in my room. Room wise it barely slides in there. I would recommend it because to be honest imo the waterbox stock pump isn't much good. Oh and I would definitely recommend adding a powerhead.
Thanks again for the info! I have a Nero 3 on order with my LFS.

OP
OP
Ricksreeefs

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mightyjet I have is the Desktop 326 GPH version. My tank isn’t fully setup yet, but I’ve only read good things about it from other users with this tank/pump combo, mainly that it’s truly silent. Like @Ricksreeefs said above, the stock pump is apparently very noisy.

Thanks again for the info! I have a Nero 3 on order with my LFS.
Yeah, the stock pump was so loud I would set it on a timer to turn off for 30 when I'm trying to sleep :( Mightyjet well worth the money!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back