Waterbox 25G Stock Ideas

UnderwaterGamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey R2R! I set up a new tank about a month ago and its completed its cycle, however I'm waiting about another month before I start stocking it.. So, im trying to decide a stock list! This tank will have a heavy stocking of Leather & LPS corals, with a couple of montiporas and maybe a beginner acro or two. The only definite things I want are a pair of clowns and a skunk cleaner. I'm trying to round out the list with 2-3 more fish but can't decide what to get. The personality and presence of the fish are important to me, so Im asking for peoples opinions who have had these fish before (granted I know all fish are different and act different). Here is a list of fish I am considering, I am not getting all of these, I just want some type of combination of them or a fish similar if you have any suggestions!

- Yellow Clown Goby
- Neon Blue Goby
- Yellow Watchman Goby
- Tailspot Blenny
- Sailfin Blenny
- A couple of Bangai Cardinalfish?

Let me know what combination you like or think would be good for my 25G! I'll throw in a picture of the rock work as well so you can get an idea for the caves/ overhangs available! TIA for the opinions! I appreciate any options other than the ones I listed - Bonus points if I can find the fish captive bred!

25G.jpg

OP
OP
UnderwaterGamer

UnderwaterGamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could do pistol shrimp watchman goby pair, that's always interesting
I do like that idea but my rocks sit flat against the glass on the bottom so they wouldn’t be able to dig holes under the rock structure so I don’t think they’d be a good fit for my tank unfortunately

Dunkleosteus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey R2R! I set up a new tank about a month ago and its completed its cycle, however I'm waiting about another month before I start stocking it.. So, im trying to decide a stock list! This tank will have a heavy stocking of Leather & LPS corals, with a couple of montiporas and maybe a beginner acro or two. The only definite things I want are a pair of clowns and a skunk cleaner. I'm trying to round out the list with 2-3 more fish but can't decide what to get. The personality and presence of the fish are important to me, so Im asking for peoples opinions who have had these fish before (granted I know all fish are different and act different). Here is a list of fish I am considering, I am not getting all of these, I just want some type of combination of them or a fish similar if you have any suggestions!

- Yellow Clown Goby
- Neon Blue Goby
- Yellow Watchman Goby
- Tailspot Blenny
- Sailfin Blenny
- A couple of Bangai Cardinalfish?

Let me know what combination you like or think would be good for my 25G! I'll throw in a picture of the rock work as well so you can get an idea for the caves/ overhangs available! TIA for the opinions! I appreciate any options other than the ones I listed - Bonus points if I can find the fish captive bred!

25G.jpg
Depending on if you want a reef tank or not, you could go frogfish or Scorpion fish. The sailfish Scorpion is beautiful but it's poisonous. I always like the crazy looking fish. Frogfish are awesome to live feed but it can be difficult

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back