• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Waterbox Acrylic DX Sump - Brand New

Item Price
Unknown
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

DeepSea75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a brand new Waterbox acrylic DX style sump, it came with my Marine 110.4 tank. I’m looking to see how much it’s worth and if anyone wants to buy it. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a compartment for a refugium and I don’t want to modify it; I’d rather buy a longer sump. Anyone interested?

DBD412CA-D9E2-47FA-B605-5F9A3F651993.jpeg

DoubleOhEvan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve also just ordered one and am having the same dilemma. Considering running a small refugium in the return chamber, or alternatively drilling a bulkhead fitting into the return space and having a fuge sit in a separate tank.

OP
OP
DeepSea75

DeepSea75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve also just ordered one and am having the same dilemma. Considering running a small refugium in the return chamber, or alternatively drilling a bulkhead fitting into the return space and having a fuge sit in a separate tank.
I may have a shop CNC some black acrylic and divide the skimmer section in half. hopefully the black plastic can cut down on light spilling into the skimmer area. But this would give me a narrow refugium. I thought about putting the return section where the ATO section is but there's no room to cut a hole for the return pipe, just the lid. That won't work. if only WB had given this more thought. I'm sure if they offer this again, the new sumps will be different.

DoubleOhEvan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have a shop CNC some black acrylic and divide the skimmer section in half. hopefully the black plastic can cut down on light spilling into the skimmer area. But this would give me a narrow refugium. I thought about putting the return section where the ATO section is but there's no room to cut a hole for the return pipe, just the lid. That won't work. if only WB had given this more thought. I'm sure if they offer this again, the new sumps will be different.
Yeah the black acrylic idea could possibly work. Also had the same thought regarding the ATO section. Is the plastic edging on the top removable? My only concern with putting a fuge in the skimmer section is that the edging on top would make cleaning the sides almost impossible

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back