OP
Joe G

Joe G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those green algae on the rocks?
It might just be the filter I put on the video, but I don’t think I have any green algae at the moment . I did have what I thought was green coralline algae a while back, but I don’t notice it anymore.

Mpierce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got one of these waterbox 10 cube tanks for a little bedroom build. Planning on a rainbow BTA and a pair of clowns. Maybe some shrooms and easy LPS. Nice build, it's pretty juiced!

OP
OP
Joe G

Joe G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Days like this, I remembered why I got out of the hobby.
Since Saturday all my sps have been slowly rtn-ing, all my polyps have been closed up and everything is going down hill. [emoji107][emoji2534]
Bizarro dead, red planet dead, my beach bum barely alive, tort looks terrible. All my polyps look small and closed up.
This bums me out.
My temp has been stable.
77.5-80 degrees is the dally swing .
My ph has gone up a little but still within normal range 8.1-8.4 day to night.
My cal 420
Alkalinity 8.5
Mag 1350
Salinity 1.025
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Phosphates 0
I’ve been feeding every day to try to slightly raise nitrates and phosphates but I can’t get it to raise.
I do a weekly 2 gal water change on sat and always make sure my temp and salinity match the tank water.
The only reason I can think this is happening is due to me stirring up the sand this weekend before water change, but I don’t have a real clue.

OP
OP
Joe G

Joe G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer deal sorry to hear about your corals.

Thanks.
It could be worst, my reefer friend just sent me a pic of hundreds of flat worms in his 300 gall sps tank.

Nothing worth having comes easy and we just have to ride the highs and lows.

jujuice_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice setup, I'm actually planning to build exactly like this, It's funny because my girlfriend has the same exact reply to me to just make it clean, and she don't want our house to be messy and whatever makes me happy... and I bet that stand of yours is from IKEA Kallax 77x77cm? I got the KALLAX table already, just waiting for my WB Cube 10.

Did you add any reinforcement on the Kallax shelving unit? I think I saw some plywood on the back and silicone on the inside corners, on the website it's just showing 19kg max weight. WB Cube 10 is 10gallons which is 37.9kg with just water, rocks etc. not included.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back