Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I have a 25 gallon peninsula with the stock pump what size would I need? Probably the 1/4?
If you are sticking with the with the stock pump for that tank you actually have a few options. The stock pump is lsited as a 1000 L//H (264 GPH) pump. that's enough to overdrive a singe 1/4in RFG or supply just the right amount for a dual 1/4in RFG setup.

You could also do a single 1//2in , but it would be at the lower end of the suggested flow rating for hat RFG,

Here are your two best options

Dual 1/4in RFG
You'll need the Ultimate Nano Tank Return Line Upgrade kit and a 16.5mmWaterbox adapter. You'll find both of these items listed at the bottom of this page.

Single 1/4in RFG
the Waterbox® Cube Flow Kit with 1/4in Random Flow Generator is a pre-configured Flow Kit - so it comes with everything you need.

jd10336710

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Waterbox REEF 220.6 and was wondering what adapter is needed to use a 3/4 RFG?

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Waterbox REEF 220.6 and was wondering what adapter is needed to use a 3/4 RFG?
That one is listed as having DN25 return plumbing, but it does not seem to list the specific size of the return hoses size
Specs are at the bottom of this page.

With that said our new Flex-Series 3/4in RFG nozzles will fit the Waterbox system with the DN20 return pipes WITHOUT adapters. The flexible nozzle simply stretchers to fit that hose.

Its possible our 1in Flex-Serie RFG may fit . You can view the 1in here

1667406100005.png

It has a fitment range of aprox 31mm to 33mm
1667406050490.png

If you can get an Outer Diameter measurer to of the stock how, that would be helpful.

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I Have WB 135.4 (older model)
What size do I need ?
Thanks
Almost all the older models (excluding the Cube and Peninsula Minis) have the DN15 sized stock return nozzles. This is a similar hose size to 1/2in Loc-Line, but not quite close enough to use a 1/2in RFG, so you'll need a kit that includes the adapters for 22mm modular hose hose.

We just release a new 1/2in Flex-Series RFG Flow kit that includes this adapter (plus a few others). Your tank should have two outlets, so you'll need two of these kits - one for each side:

1682526264494.png
1682526307981.png

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what size do i need for a waterbox 180.5
If it's the older Waterbox Reef 180.5, then it should have stock DN15 return nozzles which you would need the same 1/2in RFG pre-configured flow kit in the previous replay

This kit has the 2122-050 Flex adapter, which will allow you to attach it to your stock return line.

You'll need two kits - one for each side.

anthonyt987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's the older Waterbox Reef 180.5, then it should have stock DN15 return nozzles which you would need the same 1/2in RFG pre-configured flow kit in the previous replay

This kit has the 2122-050 Flex adapter, which will allow you to attach it to your stock return line.

You'll need two kits - one for each side.
I believe I have the newer model where the sump doesnt have the integrated ato

According to the website, the last model was a DN20?

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I have the newer model where the sump doesnt have the integrated ato

According to the website, the last model was a DN20?
If its DN20, then the standard 3/4in Flex-Series RFG will fit the stock hose - no adapter necessary.

however, if you want to extend that hose, we have an adapter that can accomplish that that for you

This adapter is is also included in your this Flow kit

Waterbox® Flow Kit with 3/4in Random Flow Generator® Nozzle – DN20

jzzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vivid Creative Aquatics I am planning on getting this to my waterbox aio peninsula 65.4. with sicce syncra 2.0. Flow is little more than what you recommend for 1/2 ” model. Is this still good choice? Cheers!

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vivid Creative Aquatics I am planning on getting this to my waterbox aio peninsula 65.4. with sicce syncra 2.0. Flow is little more than what you recommend for 1/2 ” model. Is this still good choice? Cheers!
Its a great choice - especially y if you plan on supplying MORE flow than the Suggested Optimal Flow (SOF) Rating

The SOF ratings for each Random Flow Generator are where we feel you get the best randomization for the least amount of back pressure - it's sort of the sweet spot. However, if you have more flow than the SOF rating, you get an even bigger and more pronounce effect, at the cost of a little more head pressure

For the single 1/2in RFG you should a shoot for around 400-450 GPH or more - the Sicce 2.0 will make that RFG rock!

beegee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Waterbox 25 Peninsula Mini with stock nozzle at the moment. Return pump is a Jaebo 1200 DC. I have a wavemaker in the tank, but thinking I might be able to remove it if I got a VCA nozzle.

1) the recommendation is either a single 1/2" or a dual 1/4". did I read that right? dual 1/2" might be too much flow for such a small tank, right? have you heard feedback from folks who were able to eliminate a wavemaker with this setup?
2) if I want to spread the flow around the tank and go with the dual 1/4", can I remove one of the knuckles and move it to the other side? does it screw up the RFG pattern?
3) lastly, will this kit have everything I need for the Waterbox 25 peninsula?

1711298697742.png

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Waterbox 25 Peninsula Mini with stock nozzle at the moment. Return pump is a Jaebo 1200 DC. I have a wavemaker in the tank, but thinking I might be able to remove it if I got a VCA nozzle.
I couldn't find specs on the Jaebo 1200 for some reason, but I'm going to assume that is rated for 1200 Liters per hour max (around 315 GPH)
1) the recommendation is either a single 1/2" or a dual 1/4". did I read that right? dual 1/2" might be too much flow for such a small tank, right? have you heard feedback from folks who were able to eliminate a wavemaker with this setup?
That is correct - you can go either way - both kits include the 16.5mm Waterbox adapter so both of those kits are capable of attaching to the stock outlet.
1711310958207.png

However - there are instance where you may choose one over the other. The main driver being the amount of supply side flow you can provide the outlet.

In your case, with a pump capable of 300+ GPH, I personally would recommend the single 1/2in RFG. you'll better be be able to utilize the flow the pump is capable of providing

With that said - both opoto0ns will flow the tank nicely - The single 1/2in will provide a much wider flow pattern, and create water movement more akin to a wave maker, where as as the dual 1/4in RFG will randomize the flow, but because they are smaller, the flow pattern will be more narrow causing the flow to travel further

Both options work well, and it may come down to how your rockwork set setup. If tis taller and in the center , and may block the flow of a single 1/2n RFG, the dual 1/4in may be a better choice.

Regarding the dual 1/2in kit - that particular kit does not come with a suitable adapter for that tank. Also, you would need at at least 600-800 GPH to really tank advantage of a dual 1/2 RFGs. Also, a dual 1/2in RFG setup would take up a considerable amount of room in the tank of that size.
2) if I want to spread the flow around the tank and go with the dual 1/4", can I remove one of the knuckles and move it to the other side? does it screw up the RFG pattern?

You can remove knuckles from the dual 1/4in kit. the only effect may be that you end up sending more flow to the RFG that has less resistance (fewer knuckles) . But, with the the pump turned up, it probably will not be noticeable .
3) lastly, will this kit have everything I need for the Waterbox 25 peninsula?
Yes - and there is no disassembly of the tank plumbing - other than to pop-off the flare nozzle on the end of the outlet.

This is a diagram showing a single 1/4in RFG kit is installed on this tank, but the concept is the same for all 3 kits we offer for the Waterbox Cube Mini tanks.

1711310998696.png

Back