Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterbox-Flow-Kit_WFK025X1.jpg

We just took all the guess work out of adding a Random Flow Generator® Nozzle to your Waterbox® Aquarium.

The New Waterbox Flow Kits featuring the Random Flow Generator are available in two sizes and cover the entire line of Waterbox Aquariums.

Now Available at SatwaterAquarium.com and Marine Depot, and possibly your Local Fish Store

Everything you need...
Each kit comes with appropriate adapters, Loc-Line and RFG Nozzles making installation quick, easy and straight forward.

WBFk025X1_0001.jpg WBFK050_3151.jpg

WBFK025X1_in-tank-Detials_IG.jpg

WBfk050_3154.jpg WBFK050X1_0001_1.jpg

Two sizes to choose from
The Waterbox flow kits are available with a 1/4in RFG or a 1/2in RFG nozzle. Each kit is compatible with specific Waterbox Aquarium lines.

WBFK025X1_0008.jpg Waterbox® Cube Flow Kit with 1/4in Random Flow Generator® Nozzle – WBFK025X1​

Compatible with:
  • Waterbox Cube 10
  • Waterbox Peninsula 15
  • Waterbox AIO Series (requires two kits per outlet)

WBFK050_0003.jpg Waterbox® Flow Kit with 1/2in Random Flow Generator® Nozzle – WBFK025X1​

Compatible with:
  • Cube Series
  • Peninsula Mini Series
  • Reef Series*
  • Frag Series*
  • Marine Series*
  • and More!

Dealers, Local Fish Stores and Distributors - please contact us with questions​

Nemfreak97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We just took all the guess work out of adding a Random Flow Generator® Nozzle to your Waterbox® Aquarium.

The New Waterbox Flow Kits featuring the Random Flow Generator are available in two sizes and cover the entire line of Waterbox Aquariums.

Now Available at SatwaterAquarium.com and Marine Depot, and possibly your Local Fish Store

Everything you need...
Each kit comes with appropriate adapters, Loc-Line and RFG Nozzles making installation quick, easy and straight forward.

Two sizes to choose from
The Waterbox flow kits are available with a 1/4in RFG or a 1/2in RFG nozzle. Each kit is compatible with specific Waterbox Aquarium lines.

WBFK025X1_0008.jpg Waterbox® Cube Flow Kit with 1/4in Random Flow Generator® Nozzle – WBFK025X1​

Compatible with:
  • Waterbox Cube 10
  • Waterbox Peninsula 15

WBFK050_0003.jpg Waterbox® Flow Kit with 1/2in Random Flow Generator® Nozzle – WBFK025X1​

Compatible with:
  • Cube Series
  • Peninsula Mini Series
  • Reef Series*
  • Frag Series*
  • Marine Series*
  • and More!

Dealers, Local Fish Stores and Distributors - please contact us with question​

Hello,

does this RFG work well with the stock pump for the peninsula mini 25? Or do you need to upgrade to make this work?

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

does this RFG work well with the stock pump for the peninsula mini 25? Or do you need to upgrade to make this work?
It would depend on which kit you go with. The stock pump is likely good enough for the 1/4in kit, but probably not strong enough for an effective randomized flow from the 1/2in kit.

For the Peninsula 25, you can go with either kit (they both fit with their 16.5mm adapter). We generally recommend the 1/2in Kit however, but with a stronger pump. Something SICCE 1.0 works well, and I believe will fit the back chamber.

fishhead1973

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Everything you need...

Two sizes to choose from

Compatible with:
  • Waterbox Cube 10
  • Waterbox Peninsula 15

Compatible with:
  • Cube Series
  • Peninsula Mini Series
  • Reef Series*
  • Frag Series*
  • Marine Series*
  • and More!

Dealers, Local Fish Stores and Distributors - please contact us with questions​

Mine stopped work cleaned it still not working only about two months old?

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine stopped work cleaned it still not working only about two months old?
if it was randomizing as expected, but then one day stopped, there are few things that can cause this. The main one is usually some rot of obstruction inside the RFG. Usually a small snail or other debris.

Since you cleaned the nozzle, it could be as simple as the angle at which you have it installed on the end of the loc-line - this may help
RFG-Installation-Guidlines-1.jpg

Other possibilities could be flow rate - at lower flow rates, the RFG can be more sensitive to the angle it's sitting at, on the end of the Loc-line. It might be helpful to clean the return pump as well, to ensure it's delivering as much flow as it can.

if all else fails, reach out to us and we'll take a look and see if we can help.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an upgraded return pump in the mini P15 (300 gallon/h dc pump), still recommending the 1/4" or should i go for the 1/2".

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an upgraded return pump in the mini P15 (300 gallon/h dc pump), still recommending the 1/4" or should i go for the 1/2".
For that much flow, definitely the 1/2in.

You'll bee better able to utilize it, where as the 1/4in would likely just restrict most of that throughput .

if you dont mind me asking - what pump where you able to shoehorn into that tank that can deleiver 300 GPH?

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For that much flow, definitely the 1/2in.

You'll bee better able to utilize it, where as the 1/4in would likely just restrict most of that throughput .

if you dont mind me asking - what pump where you able to shoehorn into that tank that can deleiver 300 GPH?
Aqua Medic DC Runner 1.3.
Ultra ultra quiet. Needed to Dremel the inlet a little bit to avoid touching the glass but that was literaly 30 second work.

By the way, your Waterbox ready nozzles aren't available in the Netherlands (closest is Germany but they're asking ridiculous shipping fees), while Waterbox Europe is in Amsterdam! Why don't they sell them?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua Medic DC Runner 1.3.
Ultra ultra quiet. Needed to Dremel the inlet a little bit to avoid touching the glass but that was literaly 30 second work.

By the way, your Waterbox ready nozzles aren't available in the Netherlands (closest is Germany but they're asking ridiculous shipping fees), while Waterbox Europe is in Amsterdam! Why don't they sell them?
They will be available very soon - we literally just shipped our Distributor (DeJong Marine Life) an order today. It should land in 3 to 5 days and includes stock on both of the Waterbox kits.

You'll find a list of known resellers in and around Europe here:

I'm sure once they are available, Seaflower in the Netherlands will list them.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will be available very soon - we literally just shipped our Distributor (DeJong Marine Life) an order today. It should land in 3 to 5 days and includes stock on both of the Waterbox kits.

You'll find a list of known resellers in and around Europe here:

I'm sure once they are available, Seaflower in the Netherlands will list them.
Got one from Seaflower! Went pretty quick.

klipprand

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - I bought 2 of the the 3/4 RFG for my Waterbox Reef LX 190.4 but they seem to be a bit too small. Is there an adaptor available or do I need to return and get a custom size?

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - I bought 2 of the the 3/4 RFG for my Waterbox Reef LX 190.4 but they seem to be a bit too small. Is there an adaptor available or do I need to return and get a custom size?
Thank you fro the quesiton - yes, Unfortunately the stock modular hose that comes on the newer Reef LX series tanks (and some of the larger non LX series Waterbox tanks) is close to 3.4in but just slightly small.

The good news is, this a super easy fix, and when you;re done, you;ll have genuine Loc-Line brand module hose, which has a slightly larger inner diameter for better flow.

For the Reef LX line, you going to need to replace the stock module hose with genuine 3/4in Loc-Line. for this you'll need two stick of the 3/4in Loc-Line and two 3/4in NPT fittings.

Loc-Line – 3/4in modular tube – 6 knuckle segment​

1642718898120.png

Loc-Line – NPT Connector – 3/4in Modular Hose Adapter​

1642718881658.png

Installation is very easy - simply unscrew the stock return lines, assemble the NPT fitting to the Loc-Line hose, and screw it in - then attach the RFGs to the Loc-Line

Like said above - this will fit the newer LX series tank. We are also in the processes of determining with 2021-2022 models will also use this.

As far as we can tell, any of the newer Waterbox tanks that use the DN25 plumbing kits, will accept genuine 3/4in Loc-Line. You can check your tank specs here

https://waterboxaquariums.com/pages/technical-specifications

Once you have it all installed, this is what it will look like:

1642719143152.png

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! This worked perfectly. Got them installed this evening. This should work on any of the Waterbox Reef LX models as they all have the same return size.
Awesome - glad that worked.

This solution has, so far, worked for all but one WB Reef LX series tank we have encountered. We even put together a DIY kit, that has all the pars you would need:

We are currently working with WaterBox support to see if we cam determine the differences in that one tank.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back