Waterbox Cube 20 Build

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All-

Im a little latet to the party in posting my full build, as I started before I became a member. After a 10 year hiatus of being out of Tanks, specifically freshwater, I decided to jump back in. This time with Saltwater :) I knew i wanted to start small to get familiar and learn, so determined a 20-30g would be a good starting point. After weeks of searching through sites, forums, reviews, and member experiences, I was torn between the WB Cube 20 and the IM Lagoon 25. So i bought both :) Ill start a seperate Thread on the IM lagoon, as I plan on two totally different routes. Couldn't beat the price for Cube 20+ package($419 for the tank, pump and light setup and figured it was a great starting point.) Upon arrival of the tank, I had already ordered most of recommended upgrades.

Day of Arrival
IMG_20200122_125754.jpg

Two Days after Tank Arrived
IMG_20200207_062803.jpg

IMG_20200207_204047.jpg

Filtration and Flow
-
Sicce 1.0 return pump
-Aqamai KPS Wave pump
-Marine Pure Bio balls
-InTank Chamber 1 media basket
-IceCap K1 Nano Skimmer
-Tunze osmolater

Heater
-
Eheim Jaeger
-Cobalt NeoTherm(B/U heater)

Lighting

**I started with the supplied AI Prime HD, which was instantly canned and replaced with the G4 Radion XR15 pro**
Upon release of the G5 XR15 Blues, I canned the G4 and went with the G5 Blue(Great choice IMO) Much more spread than the G4 I started with.

I wanted options for filtration and chamber room, so decided to go with the RMS Multi-Light setup to avoid the arm being mounted in the rear center chamber. This would allow ample room to mount the IceCap K1 I had purchased. Also takes the strain off the back glass that the rather heavy XR15 and mount provide. I had to purchase a second RMS arm mount and the 20" multi light rail RMS rail to accomodate the XR15 in the fashion I wanted. **I have since sourced a rail out of the XR30 tank mount kit so the rail doesn't hang out on both sides of the arms.**
received_170683910575017.jpeg

UPDATE

After tank was up and running I decided to can the sponges and stock plastic bio balls in the center chamber and just run a media bag with Marine Pure Bio Balls. These are on the bottom which allows me to place the IceCap skimmer above them in the center chamber. I also installed the InTank Media rack in Chamber 1. This has floss on the top shelf and Chemi-pure Blue on the second shelf. The addition of the Sicce 1.0 was well needed, as the stock return pump lacked flow and was noisy. The pump is tight but almost like it was made to fit. The Sicce is super silent and added the ample flow I wanted for this tank.

As I get my crap together, I will continue this thread with updates and any answers needed. Using this Quarantine time to get this going.

jmo040483

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did u get your skimmer to fit? I have the same tank and the magnetic mount is too wide

OP
OP
R33fedOut

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a nice build!

@WiscoFishNut - Thank You! was uncertain of it at first, but has since become one of may favorite Tanks! Ill be updating the post soon, this Covid-19 Quarantine has me changing and rechanging things. I aslo bought a Waterbox Frag 105.4 I'm trying to piece together.

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WiscoFishNut - Thank You! was uncertain of it at first, but has since become one of may favorite Tanks! Ill be updating the post soon, this Covid-19 Quarantine has me changing and rechanging things. I aslo bought a Waterbox Frag 105.4 I'm trying to piece together.

Good stuff! This hobby is definitely helpful right now to keep from getting bored to death lol. Would love one of those Reef Pro WB setups some day when we can afford to upgrade :D

jmo040483

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I figured it out! Good luck with your build! It looks like it’s going to be awesome!

MayaMT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newby here. Did you find that the Sicce 1.0 turned all the way down pushes too much water? My water is splattering on the glass and I turned it down. I might be missing an adaptor piece bc I can’t change the position of the nozzle. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
oh and did you do a QT tank?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back