Waterbox Cube 20 chamber allocation.

OceanBB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, new to this hobby. Got myself a waterbox cube 20, just started cycling my tank yesterday.
Need some advice regarding the chambers. Currently :
Chamber 1 : inTank media basket with filter floss. Will add chemipure once cycled.

Chamber 2 (middle) : Syncra silent 0.5 feeding Aqua UV Advantage 2000 hanger steriliser.

Chamber 3 : Aqua UV hanger return (from chamber 2), Eheim 100w Heater, Eheim compactOn 1000 return pump.

Few people pointed out that heater probably safer to be in middle chamber (Chamber 2) due to risk of running dry in chamber 3. But since their is also a pump in middle chamber pumping into chamber 3 (via steriliser), the risk of running dry will be the same for both chamber ? Should I move heater to middle chamber ?

Last equation, where should I put the Tunze ATO sensor ? Chamber 2 or 3 ?

Thank you so much for your time and input.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, welcome to R2R. Can you fit both pumps in the return chamber (i'm guessing chamber 3? ) and move the heater to chamber 2?

The ATO sensor should be in the same chamber as the return pump, because that's the chamber that is going to fluctuate in water levels.

But, I don't know exactly how a pump feeding your UV sterilizer in chamber 2 will affect the general water levels in your sump area. I've never used a UV sterilizer, so I'm not sure how it plays into an AIO system.

If it were me, I'd set up the sump chambers in the typical configuration: chamber 1- mechanical/chemical filtration, chamber 2- heater/accessories, chamber 3 - return pump/ATO sensor; make sure everything is flowing nicely, make sure the water level and ATO sensor are configured correctly, and then try to fit the UV sterilizer around that configuration.

Also, you don't need the UV sterilizer- it might actually slow down the cycling process of the system. At least in theory that's what I'd expect.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back