Waterbox Cube 20 or Marine X 60.2

DaFlava

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm completely new to the hobby, I've done some research on few things and by far I'm still a noob. I'm looking to do a mixed reef setup. Don't want something too big but also not too small as I figure either way it's somewhat an investment. I know one of these is larger but this is what I'm thinking Waterbox Cube 20 or Marine X 60.2, I need a stand as I'm assuming I'd need to get some additional equipment. Want something that obviously will have room for error and learning. Cube gets up there when you add the stand and a few things why i'm considering the Marine X (Understand price gets up there but not my major concern really)

Any suggestions or help deciding?

dlambs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have neither of these, but i started on a innovative marine 14 peninsula back in october and quicly realized I wanted a bigger, more stabile tank. I keep acros though, so it was really needed. I now have a 2x2 cube and love it.

RDK63

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i just got the x60.2 I was told that the rule of thumb should be 1 lb of rock to 1 gallon of water. the X60.2 is 36 gallons. so i have 40 lbs of caribea Sea life rock and i am trying to arrange it while staying a couple inches away from all the glass. Did you ever add more rock ? I will have absolutely a minimum of open sand space thats not somehow under the rock canopy. Please tell me your thoughts and anything you might have done differently. Any help with anything about your tank would be helpful. Thanks

albertski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm completely new to the hobby, I've done some research on few things and by far I'm still a noob. I'm looking to do a mixed reef setup. Don't want something too big but also not too small as I figure either way it's somewhat an investment. I know one of these is larger but this is what I'm thinking Waterbox Cube 20 or Marine X 60.2, I need a stand as I'm assuming I'd need to get some additional equipment. Want something that obviously will have room for error and learning. Cube gets up there when you add the stand and a few things why i'm considering the Marine X (Understand price gets up there but not my major concern really)

Any suggestions or help deciding?
I'm in the same boat and debating on the two. Did you end up going with the 60.2?

albertski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i just got the x60.2 I was told that the rule of thumb should be 1 lb of rock to 1 gallon of water. the X60.2 is 36 gallons. so i have 40 lbs of caribea Sea life rock and i am trying to arrange it while staying a couple inches away from all the glass. Did you ever add more rock ? I will have absolutely a minimum of open sand space thats not somehow under the rock canopy. Please tell me your thoughts and anything you might have done differently. Any help with anything about your tank would be helpful. Thanks
The 60.2 shows it has a 36 gallon tank but a total volume 54.5 gallons (I'm guessing with the sump). Should I be treating this as a 36 gallon tank or 54.5 gallon tank - for example if I add certain chemical and they say use x amount per gallon?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DaFlava

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat and debating on the two. Did you end up going with the 60.2?
So I ended up ordering the 90.3! Not sure when I'll get it as it's on backorder, my guess is in a month or so. I just felt I'd be happier with a larger tank but the 60.2 is a good size still.
The 60.2 shows it has a 36 gallon tank but a total volume 54.5 gallons (I'm guessing with the sump). Should I be treating this as a 36 gallon tank or 54.5 gallon tank - for example if I add certain chemical and they say use x amount per gallon?
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure you need to treat this setup for the 60.2 as a full 60g as the water will flow through the tank and sump other than the RODI top off portion. This is what I'll be doing unless someone says other wise!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back